1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Am I a Delaware, a cross, or just something else?

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by enjoyin' my chickens, Jul 17, 2011.

1. enjoyin' my chickens

enjoyin' my chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 13, 2011
    Hinesville, Ga
    I think that she is a delaware but someone told me that she has Silkie in her. I was just wondering. Any way about it she is beautiful and soft.
    [​IMG]
    She sits great once she calms down.
    [​IMG]
    Here is a good look at her legs.
    [​IMG]
    My Blue Andalusion has the "hairy" legs also. So any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

2. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

She isn't a Delaware, though she could be a cross of a Del and something with white skin and feathered legs. Delawares have yellow legs, no feathers on them, barred hackles and the pullets have tail black (black feathers edged in white).

3. TinyTotsSeramas

TinyTotsSeramas Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 21, 2011
    Smithsburg
    Looks like she might have d'Uccle in her. her face an legs look like it.

4. enjoyin' my chickens

enjoyin' my chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 13, 2011
    Hinesville, Ga
    Thank you for your responses. I got her and 4 others from a man who was being forced to get rid of a lot of his animals by the insurance co. he told us that the Blue was a Blue Andalusion and we figured out that the two golden reds were BO's. The ones that we could not figure out are this one and the black one, which I believe is an Australorp. being new to this I have been on the internet checking these things out for about six months, four of which were prior to getting the first bird. Once again thank you.

5. sjarvis00

sjarvis00 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2009
    Shawnee, OKlahoma
    I would vote light brahma, either hatchery quality or a cross of. They have leg feathering and teh columbian pattern, come in both LF and Bantam.

6. Happy Chooks

Happy Chooks Moderator Staff Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Northern CA
    My Coop
    I also think light brahma cross. Body type looks like a brahma. Looks like she has a pea comb too.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by