Am I a He or a She?

LKirts

In the Brooder
7 Years
Feb 13, 2012

I purchases 3 Auracana babies who are now 8 weeks old. One is so big. Its head is twice the size of all the other birds. I am posting pics of the one in question, which is the black and white one. plus pics of the other two to show the difference between them.The first pic is Penny. Shes mostly browns/copper tones. The second one is Asia. She is starting to get slate blue tint to her tail feathers. She is the smallest of the three. Einstein, as the kids call her. is the black and white one in question. Can anyone tell me if this is actually a female as the feedstore stated? Im curious.... Thanks!

After a fluff...

Your 'Aracaunas' are actually Easter Eggers (EEs). Hatcheries and feed stores do not sell true Aracaunas as they are quite rare. Your 3 EEs look like all girls to me.

The white/black is a roo. I need more pics of the other two to tell the gender. Oh and
welcome-byc.gif
very nice looking birds!

Boy, you guys are fast on the draw lol... thanks for the info! thats 2 outta three that hes a "he" huh? well, lets hope hes the only one. Ill try to take more pics of the other two in the morning and post them. They are very fast and hide under all the other birds.. they seem kinda shy.
Tell me, how do you know? i guess there has to be a lot of experience to tell this early. Any signs that are automatic give-aways?

Boy, you guys are fast on the draw lol... thanks for the info! thats 2 outta three that hes a "he" huh? well, lets hope hes the only one. Ill try to take more pics of the other two in the morning and post them. They are very fast and hide under all the other birds.. they seem kinda shy.
Tell me, how do you know? i guess there has to be a lot of experience to tell this early. Any signs that are automatic give-aways?

The super pointy tail feathers, for one. And the way his wings have a block of white in the middle -- that's masculine.

Back
Top Bottom