Am I a jerk?

Storm is coming and the ladies could literally care less so I had to physically get them each and put them in the coop before the storm came. They usually don’t go in till about 830 and it was 745ish…I feel terrible because they were not ready to go in but I wanted to make sure they are safe in the coop. It’s not just a rain shower but we are under severe thunderstorm warning and I wanted to be safe.
You’re definitely a chicken parent. I’d do the same thing especially since the majority of mine are not even 3 months old yet.

The best thing I can do for my chickens in or before a storm is to open the gate to their run so they can go into "free-range" mode. They generally huddle under the carport if it gets really bad, but a little rain doesn't faze them much at all!

And no, you're not a jerk. 😉
My chickens instead stand in the middle of the pouring rain whimpering for me to grab them, if i don’t rush to their aid fast enough they will begin knocking on the glass door to get in (they bang it hard with their beak on purpose since they know it grabs my attention and they see the humans do it)

My chickens instead stand in the middle of the pouring rain whimpering for me to grab them, if i don’t rush to their aid fast enough they will begin knocking on the glass door to get in (they bang it hard with their beak on purpose since they know it grabs my attention and they see the humans do it)
And "they" say chickens are dumb! :lau

And "they" say chickens are dumb! :lau
Yes! They caught on to that behavior so quick! And after a handful of times for bringing one of my girls upstairs for her egg, she runs up the stairs and goes straight to that bed room every day now.

(I call her my house puppy.. if she could live indoors she probably would. Lazy butt she is. Chicken life is wayy to tiring!)

Back
Top Bottom