Am I a rooster

LordEvan5

Songster
Oct 21, 2020
Quaker Hill Connecticut
I've inherited these guys my buddy says they are hens but due to constant cawing I think they are roos what do you think I've heard that they can switch genders how often does this happen thank you for your help

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    700.1 KB · Views: 38
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    773 KB · Views: 31
I've inherited these guys my buddy says they are hens but due to constant cawing I think they are roos what do you think I've heard that they can switch genders how often does this happen thank you for your help
I’m sorry but I see two Roos. Gender swapping is possible but I doubt that’s what happend considering you have TWO Roos that you suspect switched. Likely, your buddy mistook them as Hens before the reached crowing age.

can you keep Roos where you live? I’d hope so, they’re beautiful little guys :)

I never hear of gender swap in chickens? I not sure how often that happens.

I never hear of gender swap in chickens? I not sure how often that happens.
It’s very rare, and EXTREMELY unlikely that it happend to TWO of this persons hens. It is more common in flocks missing their rooster, where a hen will start to take on the traits of a male and begin crowing and everything to take the place of the rooster. (The transitioned Rooster cannot mate with a hen)

I’m sorry but I see two Roos. Gender swapping is possible but I doubt that’s what happend considering you have TWO Roos that you suspect switched. Likely, your buddy mistook them as Hens before the reached crowing age.

can you keep Roos where you live? I’d hope so, they’re beautiful little guys :)
I think they are pretty great to the Saphire Gems name is Dross ( I don't know what it means it's something polish) and the Polish his name is Andy Warhol unfortunately you are not allowed roosters in my town I'm only getting away with it cause I live on the edge of town out in the woods

Back
Top Bottom