Am i over reacting? Hatching help

Humidity is 68. Just had baby number 2 hatch. I am thinking the one that pipped the wrong end (that we thought might be twins) is just one. The end it pipped is real dry. Have 1 that is dead....the one that looked all bruised. The other 5 are pipped and peeping so we are leaving them alone. The one who dragged his sac is fine. I guess it is normal to have a tiny bit left over?

Sounds fine and like a good plan. Yes, some leftover gunk inside the egg is normal, but should "detach" from the body as they hatch or shortly after. If anything is hanging out of the body that should be absorbed, that is not normal.

0827171452d.jpg

We have 5 eggs to go. One died in the egg....hadn't seen it move at all since Friday so I candled it and no movement and it looker weird so we did an eggtopsy. I am glad it didn't hatch. Its head wasnt in the right position and it was very small and its insides were on the outside. :-(

So, as long as they have pipped and are breathing and peeping and moving, I let them alone correct? The humidity has risen since they are all pipped to about 70-75 percent. Temp is at 99.5-100 degrees.

Back
Top Bottom