Am I the only CHICKEN LOVER in Canada?

Jos Toes

Hatching
12 Years
Aug 28, 2007
Nova Scotia, Canada
Well, I guess it doesn't matte where I live...if you love chickens, you love chickens. And I suppose the most of you are in warmer climates so it's easy for you to have "flocks". I just have one, but I'm in love with soooooo many. I just gotta get a blue cochin, they sound very adorable.

Hi Jos, I live in NS too, in HRM. Do you live close. I need to expand the number of chickens but I don't want just any breed. I have banty silkies, and specked hen and 2 regular brown layers.
What do you have?

Hello from Lacombe Ab. Right in central Alberta, between Calgary and Edmonton. I have a new flock of chickens, mixed breeds, not sure of some of them. I just had a little white hen hatch out 8 new chicks. All colors and looking forwards to spring to get some new breeds.

Hello Chickee's Mom!! I am from Okotoks Alberta and we have a small flock of 5 'ladies'. It is sooooo great to find another person from Alberta!

How long have you been raising chickens? What do you do to protect them from our winters?
big_smile.png

1hr north of Calgary, here! 2 mille fleur pullets(21 weeks and counting, looking for eggs, absolutely everywhere!) 1 white silkie hen, and 6 miscellaneous 4 week old chicks hatched out of the silkie(not her eggs, borrowed fertile eggs from a friend!)

if you read the signature at the bottom it tells you what I have, and I just added some lionhead bunnies to my herd, a junior doe and a junior buck, hoping for a spring kindling, if any are interested from Alberta! We also have breeding meat rabbits, french lop does, a flemish buck, and red satins waiting patiently at their current owners, so they can come home to us. Willing to sell breeding stock, meat animals, or (hopefully) show satins in the near future!

Any other Albertans with something to sell?

Maybe I'll start a thread....
frow.gif

Quote:
I have had chickens off and on for about 10 years. I gave all my chickens away a couple of years ago to a young family that had moved to the country. Now this summer I bought seven hens, one with 13 chicks, two roosters, I think big red is a Danish brown leghorn. One of those hens, Chickee had nine babies, one died??. I am loving these chickens. I think having the grand children around and being so facinated getting the eggs and watching some hatch, and of course naming them all is made me want more and more. I can't wait till spring.
so great to talk to someone from AB.

Quote:
One hour north of Cal. you can't be too far from Red Deer??
I would love to get some bunnies for the grand kids, just for pets, but to keep in the barn. I know nothing about them!! Would you let me know if this is a good idea or not.
I also have to search every where for eggs, some days they are all in the nests and the next time hidden in every nook and cranny!!

Back
Top Bottom