Am I the only dumdum thats done this?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by X2Farm, Jan 4, 2011.

1. X2Farm

X2Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 6, 2010
    Homer, GA
    So I put a bunch of eggs in the bator 18 days ago. Putting em into lockdown tonight, I smelt somethin awful. Found one of the eggs leaked [​IMG] Nasty stuff. Took that egg outside, very gingerly of course, set it down, and with arm outstretched, tapped it with a butter knife.. POP!! But no explosion! Upon closer inspection, I'd put a hardboiled egg in the incubator [​IMG] [​IMG] I wondered how that could have happened.... and I remember grabbing a couple out of the fridge to take up space in a row for stabilization... not realizing I had a h/b egg in the carton I grabbed em from [​IMG]

So, has anyone else done this before? Or am I the only dumdum who has [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. gumbii

gumbii Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 7, 2010
    bell gardens, ca
    HAHAHAHHAdkfjsalkfjaskld;fj;kaslhHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHDKFLADF:LKHDFK:HLDFKJDF:KAFHKLAHAHAHA...

sorry... but this story was hilarious... sorry to hear about your stinky dilemma...

3. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

That's pretty special. I could SEE myself doing it! I've just gone to the 'fridge and set my two hard-boiled eggs into a berry basket so I don't make that mistake.

Thank you! Your smoooooth move was my wake-up!

Last edited: Jan 4, 2011
  4. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

Be glad that it was a hard boiled egg. Had that egg been a real rotting non hard boiled variety, arms length would not have saved you. Your knife, your arm, the side of your body facing the egg would have gotten splatter. Those bombs can throw nasty junk in about a 10 foot radius. A broom handle isn't long enough...

5. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

OMG!!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] I can honestly say I have never done that. But that is a classic for the books!!!!!! ROTFLMAO!!!

6. debilorrah

Quote:A 20 ft pole isn't long enough for that kinda stink!!!!

7. X2Farm

Jul 6, 2010
    Homer, GA
    Thing is, usually the hard boiled ones are in a seperate labeled carton... USUALLY!!! Looks like Murphy caught up to me [​IMG] [​IMG]

I got a good laugh outta that... and so did Hubby.... [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. X2Farm

Jul 6, 2010
    Homer, GA

I tell yall, I was figurin to get splattered!!! Glad I didn't, though I'm sure, eventually, it'll happen [​IMG]

9. debilorrah

I tell yall, I was figurin to get splattered!!! Glad I didn't, though I'm sure, eventually, it'll happen [​IMG]

You certainly gave me a good chuckle!!!!!

10. TennesseeTruly

TennesseeTruly Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 5, 2009
    Church Hill, TN

And I swear you can't get rid of that SMELL!! DISGUSTING!!

Laurie

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by