am I the only non-girly one around??

I use to think I was a girly girl but one night after church some of us were talking and all of the other ladies my age thought it was strange I got my first gun at 10 yrs old.

I use to go muddin with the best of them on ATV but after being in a cast for 9 weeks, I don't ride them anymore.

I love to fish and can bait my own hook but never cleaned a fish.

I have hunted and helped clean animals since I was a little girl.

I use to would not go outside without make-up but I hardly wear it anymore. I still like to get dressed up for hubby. I dress up for church.

I had MUCH RATHER do outside work than inside work.

Both of my girls? Tomboys!!!

jackie

Quote:
I want to grow a nice grey mane too! only a few greys so far.
I love getting in the mud, going fishing, baiting up, ive got my Dh's "king gee" work shorts on and they look pretty cute i reckon.
Ive never had my nails done even when I sold diamond rings in an upmarket jeweller.
Maybe we have male genes?????
I had a few barbi dolls but preferred to play cowboys in my Annie Oakly clothes.
I love being blokey, but know how to turn my woman switch on if i want to!!!

I wonder if we are normal girls.. and rather, media and such portray girly girls as being 5 foot 10, 115 lbs (105 w/o makup), afraid to touch dirt, in heels, and doll sized clothes?

We might be normal!

Quote:
I think this is right. Just society likes girly girls, but I don't think most girls are.

Truth be known...

Girls are just as nasty as guys when nobody is looking.

I flatly will not wear makeup, I love the outdoors, I HATE getting dressed up for anything, I hate being waited on hand and foot, et al. Pretty much ANY 'girl' stereotype you can apply to someone doesn't apply to me.

Highfive!

I'd like to think we're much more normal than the untouchable porcelain doll type of girl the media likes to portray
smile.png

I love this thread!!! I have never had my nails done either but I do have a professional job and mostly wear dresses and makeup during the week. The weekends are jeans and sweats and no makeup. I love to fish, can't stick a hook in crickets though but do ok with a worm. Would not go hunting if there was nothing else to eat, would just starve I guess because I couldn't kill and eat anything. I have no problems with chicken poop, cleaning my chicken pen, gardening and getting filthy, or working in my pond. I don't think I was ever a tom-boy but as my husband says, I clean up ok!! My daughter is pretty much the same, the reason she wants to be an engineer I guess. She is brilliant with fixing things around the house, I am lacking in that area to say the least. She can be really prissy or really non-prissy, I guess we are both sort of in-between the really girly and non-girly classification if that makes sense!! She does get her nails done though, in fact she had them painted green when my chickens were little and they could not stop pecking at those green nails, we laughed and laughed over that! Must have thougth they were yummy bugs!
smile.png

Arent we lucky that
We werent born in the "olden days" when we HAD to wear dresses and girdles, stockings with suspenders, werent allowed to work, if we smoked we had to do it seated etc.
Those dear poor women.

I mean look at the hemlines now, shortest shorts and skirts ive ever seen walking through the supermarket, ill bet guys love summertime.

Last edited:
Im another non girly girl im a tom boy! always have been.mom used to have to spank my butt to get me out of my overalls and wear a dress on holidays:D very rarely will I dress up Love my jeans sweats flannel shirts and even wear some of hubbys camo:D Love to fish! especially ocean deep sea fishing counting down the day when its open again.dont have my nails done.rarely wear make up,I have hair down to my butt so i do have to wear girly hair ties to keep it in a braid and out of the way thats as girly as i get lol!
big_smile.png
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom