am I the only non-girly one around??

No girly girl here, but not a total tomboy either I guess. Never wear a dress unless I have to go to a wedding or something and it's been years since I did that. It's always jeans or shorts for me and usually tennis shoes. I do wear a very little bit of makeup if I have to go somewhere because I have such dark circles under my eyes, people would think I was sick or my husband beat me if I didn't! But never eyeshadow and such. Paint my toenails in the summer, but rarely my fingernails. Not big on jewelry, usually just wear my wedding and engagement rings and a watch. Not scared of snakes or mice or anything like that. I know how to use power tools. If some minor plumbing work needs doing or something needs to be put together, my husband calls for me - he doesn't have the patience for stuff like that.

Let's see...I guess I'm girly because:

-I like to keep my hair really long, right now it's at 2 feet.
-I like wearing long skirts and tank tops in the summer, I don't wear shorts because I don't like my legs and in 100% humidity in 100 weather in the southern heat jeans don't always work.
-I have a purse addiction. I don't know why but I do.
-I do not go hunting and fishing, not because I'm girly but because I don't kill.

I'm NOT girly because:

-I NEVER wear makeup, I hate it and it clogs your pores. I personally think makeup looks terrible on most people as well...only cockatiels have bright orange cheeks. LOL
-I hate shopping, I especially hate the mall. I haven't been to the mall in going on 2 years. I shop at Target and Walmart.
-I have NEVER had a female "BFF". I've never had a male friend stab me in the back and well women are to prissy for me. nccountrygirl and bantychickmom are cool chicks though.
-I buy 2 pairs of shoes a year, flip flops and whatever else I can find for under $15. I go barefoot most of the time anyway, except in the chicken yard for obvious reasons.
-My favorite things to do is drink by the fire in the backyard, go camping and canoing.

I'm sure there's more but I have to get ready for work.
frow.gif

Even in a skirt...I get the job done:
DSC00061.jpg

Last edited:
My parents had 6 girls before the oh-so-important son came along. (only son of an only son thing) I followed my dad around from the time I could walk, and he taught me everything I needed to know to survive. We were pretty poor, so hunting, fishing, and farming kept up alive. My dad never told us that as girls we were expected to act any different from men, so it was pretty hard to take orders from a husband. I never considered myself a tomboy. I just always did what I enjoyed doing and did not spend a lot of time doing stuff I didn't enjoy. A woman that is confident in herself doesn't have to spend alot of time proving it to anyone else. On the other hand, if you enjoy "gussying up," nothing wrong with that either. I just hope I never get too old for blue jeans.

Can't believe I just found this post...lol was fun reading everyones comments...

I'm an old girlie with tomboy attitude...loves to paint her nails and toes...I put my makeup on every morning and do my hair......blue jeans and white shirt girl...I do up nicely in a dress and suit when needed...can do heels or barefoot....

Outdoor camping in a tent! ....fishing...I do deer hunting, have helped skin a rabbit or squirrels in my day ...lived on a farm,...cleaned horse stalls and lots of chicken coops....helped on butchering day..I help get the firewood every season and have stacked cords by myself...

Whew I'm tired....

lol..I've enjoyed the thread for all of you, girlie girls and not!
I guess I too hit the jackpot with the dw. She can be a beautiful woman when the time arises or she can hang with the best of any male when need be. At the local fund raisers she gently moves from top exects and handles talking with then with great ease and class...here at home she can have the oil changed in her mustang before I can get it down to the shop. She does all this with her make up on and hair done. She's a very well rounded person who works in a predominately male field. (IT person for the county). I've seen her in a dress two times in my life and it's just not natural looking for her. But she'll turn some heads when she walks by in a nice ladies suit.
lmao..for the "feet post"
I think it should be illegal for anyone to wear open toed shoes. I hate feet. They are so gross. God, I've seen some that looked like they've not had shoes on for years and were mountain climbers. Ugh, what a turn off.
KEEP THEM SHOES ON!

Not girly, too much work, not enough fun.

I am a jeans and t-shirt kinda girl. But I like to dress up occasionally. Rarely wear makeup. I'm not good at the make-up thing, it requires practice to get it right and I don't like the way it feels. I have a no fuss hair do that I spend to much money on to get the color right; I'm waiting for the gray to even out so I can stop dying it. I wear sandels all the time because I live in Texas and real shoes are too danged hot. I get one pedicure at the start of the summer, do the polish myself. I have short fingernails, and don't understand why anyone would want long ones.

I have chickens, I designed the coop, and built it with the dh, fish with my kids, don't hunt. I like to camp, hike, canoe, and do anything outside.

My hobby is unbelievably girly. I make beaded jewelry. Jewelry always fits, never makes you look fat, and seldom goes out of fashion. And its fun. I particularly like wire work, I get to use tools.

Like most people I'm a mix. Its more interesting that way.

I'm 16 and not exactly average when it comes to girliness.

- I were jeans every single day of the year even in the summer.

- I don't wear makeup it is a pain and an unnessary waste of time

- I am barefoot most of the time even on gravel, hot cement, and in with the chickens. (I just hose of my feet before going inside)

- I have a couple friends who are girls but mostly guys and can out-burp most of them

- I can build just about anything (as long as it isn't too big)

- I'll try anything once (this does not count for food, I'm a picky eater but I did once drink water out of the horse troughs. It tasted like wet grass)

The few girly things I do are paint my toenails (never fingernails) and....well I can't think of anything else.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom