Am I the only one who hasn't got an egg???

Quote:
HAHA I like that answer! I'd say at the very least hatch them and get them to people who are interested, at least you can help offset the flooding of peacocks in Peacock World by making sure good genes are kept in the gene pool!

The bad thing about is you will get some moron that don't care and before you know it you have all these birds split to who knows what and they are selling them as pure chicks. I was at a auction Friday and this guy had a 09 Pure Java male for $125.00 so I went to look at it , well Me Being Me (didn't know who the owner was and also didn't know he was standing beside me
lau.gif
and really didn't care) I said that is not a Java it is a Spalding plus not even a GOOD one at that
big_smile.png

Quote:
HAHA I like that answer! I'd say at the very least hatch them and get them to people who are interested, at least you can help offset the flooding of peacocks in Peacock World by making sure good genes are kept in the gene pool!

The bad thing about is you will get some moron that don't care and before you know it you have all these birds split to who knows what and they are selling them as pure chicks. I was at a auction Friday and this guy had a 09 Pure Java male for $125.00 so I went to look at it , well Me Being Me (didn't know who the owner was and also didn't know he was standing beside me
lau.gif
and really didn't care) I said that is not a Java it is a Spalding plus not even a GOOD one at that
big_smile.png

Now being split are not a bad thing....nice to know what they are split too. Now spalding being sold as pure green happens alot, so make sure you know the breeder before getting greens...

India blues split to other colors or patterns are worth more than blues not split....

Good records are the key...still alot of birds are split, and you will not know untill they are bred.

Like chicks from a peacock split peachs, some of his sons will be split peach, but not all, but all wil look the same..

I guess I didn't say what I was trying to say, PEOPLE SELLING SPLIT BIRDS AS PURE BIRDS is what I was talking about, Because I have Blue White Eyed Hens split to Opal. So no having split birds is not a BAD thing unless you try to sell them as PURE like some of the bigger breeders do naming one or two who take lots of splits to the bigger auctions.

Back
Top Bottom