Am I the only one who's a Nervous Wreck?!?!***Crazy Dream Added***

Good Luck on your eggs and I just put in 10 delaware eggs in my incubator last night and I already had 3 ameraucana eggs in for several days. I have my fingers crossed that at least half are fertile. I love watching babies hatch.

Oh, I hope your hatch goes well!

can't resist the desire to candle them when it gets dark and see how they all are doing

But I want to mention that it's not a good idea to candle often. Days 7 & 18 should be the only times you need to. Opening the bator every day to candle changes not only the temp but the humidity. Where the temp will come back fairly quickly, it will take longer for the humidity to readjust. I know it's hard to resist but.....​

I know... I usually only take one out at the same time I am turning them so that I don't disturb things too much. I've been lucky that my humidity has been pretty constant from about 48%-55%, so hopefully they are okay. I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only fussy hen in here!

Last edited:
So, I had a crazy dream last night that my chicks were hatching and there were frogs in some of the eggs instead of chicks! When I transfered them to the hatcher the frogs began eating some the chicks.
th.gif
I was horrified! Can you tell this hatching thing is occupying a lot of my thoughts?
roll.png

Back
Top Bottom