Am I the only person in the whole wide world?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by gritsar, Jan 12, 2011.

1. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    That doesn't like children, rugrats, little monsters, tricycle motors, kids, whatever you want to call them?

I just don't like them. Noisy, smelly, just plain irritating.

I had two of my own. That was enough. I've felt this way ever since I had my hysterectomy 16 years ago, though I've never been particularly fond of them.

I enjoy spending time with the elderly and the disabled (and made my career doing both), but leave the kid watching to someone else.

Surely I can't be the only person brave enough to admit that kids are a nuisance?

2. mississippifarmboy

mississippifarmboy collects slightly damaged strays

Smelly little things will make you late for supper.

3. awesomefowl

awesomefowl Argues with Goats

Yeah, but life must go on.....no more kids = no more people!!!
    I am quite juvenile myself, but I like to treat younger kids like they are real people with ideas, not just "kids" who live in a separate universe from adults. Kids are just developing potential adults; treat them like they are not capable and they will react as not capable.

4. jbowyer01

jbowyer01 Just Me!

Aug 29, 2008
    Hogansville, Georgia
    Nope not the only one, My DD Has no desire to have or be around kids. Infact if she hears a baby cry she'll tell you that its the most annoying sound she has ever heard.

5. BlakesFarm

BlakesFarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 6, 2011
    Upstate SC
    Quote:X2

6. ARose4Heaven

ARose4Heaven Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2009
    Flippin, AR
    kids are sweet...from a distance. (Unless they are my grandbabies...now those are just SPECIAL) Most times, when I see a kid...my mind fast forwards..and I see the headache they are gonna be at 16, 17..... Hard to love that.

7. Widget

Widget Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 30, 2008
    Limington, Maine
    I'm with you. [​IMG] They are noisy, obnoxious and expensive. Granted there are probably some nice ones out there but I have yet to meet any. Now with that said my issues are probably not with the kids but with the parents.

My biggest pet peeve is when parents insist on bringing an infant anywhere (restaurant or movie theater being two big problem areas) and allowing the kid to scream non-stop. Or toddlers who are allowed to run around getting into everything. Sorry but if you are going to bring your kid out in public please remember not everyone around you loves the sound of a screaming baby. The courteous thing to do is remove the infant from the area. Back in the day that is what people did. And older kids were expected to sit at the table and behave. Not run around bothering other patrons or waitstaff.

8. mississippifarmboy

mississippifarmboy collects slightly damaged strays

Grandbabies don't count. They are exempt from being annoying. Everyone else's grandkids are fair game though.

9. booker81

booker81 Redneck Tech Girl

Apr 18, 2010
    Mid-MI
    I like my kid, and that's about it. [​IMG] Of course, I try to make sure she doesn't annoy the snot out of people, and I've been known to cancel or leave outings when she's being a pistol.

I never babysat, never did the whole kids thing, so it was quite the learning curve when we had her. She is a demanding little incontinent master. She's pretty neat though. I'll keep her...I just won't keep other people's kids around.

I have a few friends who's kids I like, but then, they have the same rules as we do - no screaming, hitting, tantrums, or wildness when visiting.

10. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    I never had the maternal instinct toward little human babies. I'm purty good around the baby critters. I made sure my prospective hubby understood children were not in our future. If he wanted a brood mare he needed to find somebody else. We've been married 29-30-31 years or something like that.

I have great respect for those women who do have the maternal instinct. They love those young-uns!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by