Am I trash or treasure?

Ginmary

Crowing
6 Years
Apr 17, 2018
Jackson, NJ
So Saturday morning I let the 3 Seramas out of my bathroom but I didn't want to get out of bed just yet. (Needed those extra 5 minutes.) Dumpling jumps onto my bed and cozies herself under the poofy comforter that was piled next to me. She's scrunched under there but right next to me touching with her head out. A few minutes later she stands up for a minute, hunches up her wings then jumps of the bed. So, I look down to where she was to make sure there was no poop. I wasn't expecting any because I didn't see her move in the way she would have if poop was imminent. And there it was....an egg! So, am I seen as a trusted protector or as a bunch of hay?

So Saturday morning I let the 3 Seramas out of my bathroom but I didn't want to get out of bed just yet. (Needed those extra 5 minutes.) Dumpling jumps onto my bed and cozies herself under the poofy comforter that was piled next to me. She's scrunched under there but right next to me touching with her head out. A few minutes later she stands up for a minute, hunches up her wings then jumps of the bed. So, I look down to where she was to make sure there was no poop. I wasn't expecting any because I didn't see her move in the way she would have if poop was imminent. And there it was....an egg! So, am I seen as a trusted protector or as a bunch of hay?

So I've gotta ask- are your chickens house pets then? I'm a bit confused as to whether they're sleeping in the house or you the barn lol...

House. I am working on trying to figure out what the best thing to do with them is. I would love to find an indoor cage for them at night or when we are away. They roost in the highest place available so most cages are too short. In the meantime I have my bathroom floor covered with cheap tablecloths. The aviaries I’ve seen on line are either way too big or way to expensive.

I have a house roo and have just been thinking, well, folks have parrots... *evil giggle* Had an eye on those Seramas; 9Volt is as sweet as candy (he's an OEGB), and Hubby wants to get him a little buddy at some point. I showed him pics of some Serama girls--they're gorgeous, so he said yes, if we can eventually find one. :D Encouraging to hear somebody's got some in their home and intends to keep them there. LOL I had a feeling they were little sweethearts!

House. I am working on trying to figure out what the best thing to do with them is. I would love to find an indoor cage for them at night or when we are away. They roost in the highest place available so most cages are too short. In the meantime I have my bathroom floor covered with cheap tablecloths. The aviaries I’ve seen on line are either way too big or way to expensive.

Do you have the space for a dog kennel? I'm not talking a tiny one but rather one that's 5-6 feet tall. You could put a laminate scrap underneath it to protect a carpet, and basically create a chicken coop inside (and bonus- your bathroom will be yours again ;) ).

Do you have the space for a dog kennel? I'm not talking a tiny one but rather one that's 5-6 feet tall. You could put a laminate scrap underneath it to protect a carpet, and basically create a chicken coop inside (and bonus- your bathroom will be yours again ;) ).

Or you could get one of those prefab coops that have a run attached and put a vinyl (sorry-meant vinyl, not laminate) scrap from the hardware store underneath that too. You only have three birds? So a pre-fab coop with attached run should work, and they're not too terribly expensive. Probably take up about the space of a sofa or so, depending on which one you get.

Back
Top Bottom