Amazing sight!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Namble, Nov 19, 2009.

1. Namble

Namble Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2009
    North Florida
    Last night I went out to the coop to see what my ducks were qwaaking about and I heard something scurry up a tree so I shined my flash light at it! It was a flying squirrel! When the beam of light hit its eyes they reflected back orange. Then it had ran up the tree about 30 feet up and all of the sudden it jumped off the tree and glided down soo fast. It must have glided about 80 feet at least! Has anyone else seen any flying squirrels around your house? I just thought I'd share.

2. beckyschicks

beckyschicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 22, 2009
    Iron Ridge WI
    WOW! That would be cool to see!

3. 3goodeggs

3goodeggs pays attention sporadically

May 22, 2009
    North Central Florida
    I see them briefly in our oak tree, and they are quick to dodge the flashlight. My son has seem them glide, but I have not. They are the cutest little things.

4. kawonu

kawonu Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 27, 2008
    Western North Carolina
    We have them around here. Yes seen them "glide" many times.

5. Uzuri

Uzuri Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2009
    A friend of mine has them get in the house; they're constantly finding nuts in interesting places... like filed under "N" in the filing cabinet.

6. piecemaker

piecemaker Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2008
    Centerville Texas
    We have had them in the chimney (sp?) a few times. Some times they make so much noise you have to turn up the TV. You can hear them running and churping or what ever you call the noise they make. They seem to stay for a while then just go away. We don't use the fireplace so I guess they know they are safe there. One did get in the house one time.

piecemaker

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by