Amber link

I am a chicken newbie...is this chicken an Amber Link? I'm thinking Rooster, what do you think?

At first I thought he/she might be a White Leghorn, but because of the red ears someone suggested maybe an Amber Link.

He/she is about 7 weeks old.

3rd one back...

She definitely looks like my Amber White pullets. In fact, with her having such a red comb/wattles, maybe she is really a HE!
ep.gif

I have 6 Ambers Whites this spring, and of the 6, one is sporting bigger, red wattles and comb and is a larger bird than the others...they are almost 12 weeks old now. I'm now thinking I have a Roo, as his voice is changing too. He has been very docile, like the other Amber Whites, so he had me thinking that out of 21 chicks this spring, I didn't have a roo in the bunch. I'm thinking of naming him Kanga, as he likes to jump up and peck at things above...

I got an Amber in my order from Dunlap and she is very calm a friendly. I typically stay away from sex links as I prefer heritage breeds, but because of her temperament I'm keeping her. I just have a small flock of bamtams and wanted some bantam turkens. I ordered pullets to fill out the order. I figured I'd sell the pullets at the fair but she is not at all aggressive towards my oegs even though she's much bigger. She has much more red in her than the picture from the hatchery though. She'll be 13 weeks old on Tuesday.

We got 6 Amber Links from Tractor Supply this spring. We are new to chickens and I wanted the brown eggs, and I had done some research and found that they are friendly. We have two that are nearly white, two that have the amber feathers around their neck and some on the back and two that have brown tips on their wing feathers. I love them. One of them especially, Sweet Pea, comes to me and allows me to pick her up and carry her around. Chickens are a joy to watch and lots of entertainment. I was trying to post a picture, but the attachment button says I don't have permission. Not sure why.

I have 6 Amber links I got from the Tractor Supply store on April 2 of this year. They told me they were White Rock, but after posting them here and asking about the coloring, I've come to find out they are Amber Links. Two are pure white, one has speckles on her wings, three have beige markings, one of them is darker than the other two. They have been very friendly, curious, mellow, and easy going. Great chickens to get our feet wet with. They do like to roost up very high, when the coop was being built we had them in the garage, they somehow ended up in the rafters and would roost on the garage door tract. In the morning they'd all be back down in their pen waiting to be let outside. They are 14 weeks old this week. The next few weeks waiting for eggs are going to be so hard!

I have an amberlink hen she has layed every day and a few times we got 2 eggs from her? lol and I know it was from her because shes was the only one old enough to lay those eggs and everyone eles lays white eggs and shes the only brown layer

Back
Top Bottom