1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Amber Links

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by cedar post, Mar 24, 2010.

1. cedar post

cedar post Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 19, 2009
    Seymour,WI.
    I picked up 6 amber link pullets today from TSC just wondering what cross is made to make these? Also if anyone has these how is the egg size? They are from Mount Healthy Thanks

2. AmyJ

AmyJ Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 21, 2009
    Newburgh, NY
    I got one from TSC last year, I had no idea what kind it was lol. Finally got that figured out, but she lays a nice big egg, large or x large now. I got 4 red sex links also and they all started laying in Aug of last year, and really started off laying a good size egg. I get an egg a day from the amberlink and she laid throughout the winter too. I'm very happy with mine, though she is a bit more flighty than the others.

3. Chris09

Chris09 Circle (M) Ranch

Jun 1, 2009
    Ohio
    Ambers are a cross of an Rhode Island Red rooster over a White Plymouth Rock Hen.

Chris

4. cedar post

cedar post Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 19, 2009
    Seymour,WI.
    Thanks for the info!!

5. catdaddyfro

catdaddyfro Overrun With Chickens

Sep 16, 2009
    Vernon Parish
    Quote:There's some infomation on them on the Feathersite under Amber-links and sex-links. [​IMG]

catdaddy

6. DALAIMAE

DALAIMAE New Egg

Oct 2, 2016
    Hi! I'm new here and so happy I found this site. I have a question about the Amber Link. When they start laying, are the eggs brown?

7. Kniefelpoultry

Kniefelpoultry New Egg

Oct 1, 2016
    Arizona
    I got 8 ambers from a local breeder an they are egg laying machines 300 a year the guy told us we have 8 an generally get anywhere from 5-12 eggs a day nice light brown large eggs they haven't been laying tho cause they're molting[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by