Amber Tints or Tetra Tints? Hen or Roo?

Frizzlett98

Songster
9 Years
Jun 22, 2014
Southwest Virginia
My brother and I are disagreeing on his new pullets. I have taken pictures of 3 out of 5 of them. I think they are Amber Links (RIR and Plymouth Rock cross) but my brother says they are Tetra Tints (RIR and Leghorn cross). The first 2 pictures are my Tetra Tints which have large combs. The other 3 are the "Amber Links" which only 1 has a medium size comb (compared to my Tetra Tints) and the rest have small combs. They're all around the same age. And the final 2 pictures (hard to tell, I know) is a Buff Orpington and Red Sex Link cross (I think). I think it's a rooster and, wouldn't you know, my brother thinks it's a hen. It has pointy-ish hackle feathers but round-ish saddle feathers. It has a smaller comb and wattles than a rooster would. I am seeing some bright yellow feathers developing on it's back that could be the start of the long saddle feathers like it's brother. Maybe eventually my brother and I will agree on something lol. We also have a Delaware in question. It's smaller than it's brothers, but it has rooster feathers. Small comb and wattles too.

Medium comb and wattles.

I'm not sure whether your brother's new pullets are Amber Tints or Tetra Tints, but I do know that your rooster in question is indeed a rooster.

What makes you say rooster? I just want to know so I can share with my brother why he is a he.
There are three reasons why I think it's a rooster. First, the coloring on its wings is redder and shinier than the rest of the body, which is usually a rooster trait. Also, I see the beginnings of saddle feathers on the back near the tail. Lastly, the neck feathers also look pointy.

There are three reasons why I think it's a rooster. First, the coloring on its wings is redder and shinier than the rest of the body, which is usually a rooster trait. Also, I see the beginnings of saddle feathers on the back near the tail. Lastly, the neck feathers also look pointy.
x2

X3 on that.

Ok thanks. That's what I was trying to tell him but he didn't want to listen. Since I told him you guys said rooster, he was like " Aw man!". He'll listen to the BYC guys.

Wyandottes said it perfectly

Back
Top Bottom