Ameracauanas (Are we boys or girls?)

BeckyandHerBrood

In the Brooder
8 Years
Jun 20, 2011
Champaign, IL
Hello...I have three 4 week old Ameracuanas, anyone want to guess who gets to stay and who has to go? I have someone who will take the roosters, and would love to re-home them before I go on vacation on Thursday. Thanks for your help!

96935_img_7750.jpg

Chippy

96935_img_7747.jpg

Chippy

96935_img_7738.jpg

Chippy

96935_img_7730.jpg

Chippy

96935_img_7740.jpg

Butter

96935_img_7743.jpg

Butter

96935_img_7745.jpg

Butter

96935_img_7744.jpg

Butter

96935_img_7732.jpg

Popcorn

96935_img_7731.jpg

Popcorn

96935_img_7758.jpg

all three, from left to right, Popcorn, Butter, Chippy

I am pretty sure that Butter is a little roo...His face is beat up from fighting with my little Wyandotte Roo...I would love to hear what everyone thinks. If I had known how hard it was to guess Ameracauna gender I may have avoided the breed.

I wouldn't assume Butter's a roo at this point. From the pics I actually lean more towards Popcorn, but it's hard to tell. If you can get a really good head-on close-up pic of their combs it might help. It will be a few more weeks before you're sure though.

It is SO hard to get a decent picture of their combs. Their feathers cover half of it at this point. Can you tell me what I am looking for? This is way harder than a BO to figure out. Thanks for your help.

Quote:
That would be awesome! I have to say that I will be really surprised if Butter is a hen. He/She fights with all of the other chicks, and before I re-homed my Wyandotte Roo (who was the same age) I could have charged admission for Junior Cock Fighting. They were nasty to each other.

I've herd that if they show three rows on there comb real early on they will be Roo's , if they show just one row pullets.

Back
Top Bottom