Ameraucana and EE eggs!

Dixiedoodle

Songster
12 Years
Apr 14, 2007
1523_dsc03136.jpg

For weeks I have tried to take pictures that do these girls eggs justice and this is the best I can do.. The Easter Egger, Endora lays the bluish green egg w/ brown speckles and Birdie the Black Ameraucana lays the beautiful aqua blue egg...

Thank you! They are actually much blue in real life than in the pictures.. Such a pretty color. I have already spoke to a lady who is a breeder of Ameraucanas and she will have adult stock in Sept.. So, guess what I have asked for for my Anniversary present??? LOL

When I placed the order for my flock the breed Ameraucana was not cosidered. Since then my son has specifically requested easter eggs! Now upon examining and learning about then, I feel more excited about them. Those are also very beautiful eggs!!
clap.gif

Consider me a convert...I will pick up 4-5 at my feed store soon:celebrate

Beautiful eggs! I have one Americauna. She has yet to lay for me. I can't wait to see her egg. Are they always blue?

True Ameraucanas are suppose to lay blue eggs... Those sold as "Ameraucanas" but are really Easter Eggers might lay all different colors..

my family and I own easter eggers also.
celebrate.gif
ours lay a olive color. we own 3. names are tammy faye, flicka, and sky.
bun.gif

Back
Top Bottom