Ameraucana big crop

Chey1214

Songster
May 4, 2023
A few of my ameraucanas have big balloon crops. No liquid comes out so I don’t think sour crop. Is this just a breed specific issue possibly?

Do their crops empty in the morning?
Sometimes I think not they are still squishy and balloon like. I have laid out a ton of grit for them. It’s only the amaraucanas though. They are less than a year old. Hatched in may

For reference it fits inside my whole hand. Is this something I can put a needle in?

Are there any other issues? Why do you think this is a problem?

Are they laying eggs? Once they start laying, they start eating a lot more. Some of my hens eat so much their crops protrude in front of them and to one side while they walk. It can fit in your hand.

Are there any other issues? Why do you think this is a problem?

Are they laying eggs? Once they start laying, they start eating a lot more. Some of my hens eat so much their crops protrude in front of them and to one side while they walk. It can fit in your hand.
Honestly I had a year from hell and things are just mellowing out so it just spiked my fears. But your right she’s probably fine.

Honestly I had a year from hell and things are just mellowing out so it just spiked my fears. But your right she’s probably fine.
Keep monitoring and if there are no other issues or behavioral changes then it's all good.

So I just with held food for 24 hours and it’s still a huge balloon. If I try to drain only alittle will come out. I just gave her some water with apple cider in it. It’s as big as my hand and like a balloon. What shall I do?

Attachments

• DCC3D653-F1B1-49B9-B88A-5505CD79D256.jpeg
    DCC3D653-F1B1-49B9-B88A-5505CD79D256.jpeg
    356.6 KB · Views: 2
So I just with held food for 24 hours and it’s still a huge balloon. If I try to drain only alittle will come out. I just gave her some water with apple cider in it. It’s as big as my hand and like a balloon. What shall I do?
Is she eating, drinking, and pooping? What do her poops look like?

Back
Top Bottom