Here’s her massive empty crop compared to my other normal bird

Attachments

• B80ADE94-D607-4DD2-A323-5F01555F1D30.jpeg
    B80ADE94-D607-4DD2-A323-5F01555F1D30.jpeg
    477.9 KB · Views: 5
  • 07813AC8-F15C-46F6-B525-E572DADA4CCA.jpeg
    07813AC8-F15C-46F6-B525-E572DADA4CCA.jpeg
    480.5 KB · Views: 5
I'm sorry, I can relate. Did you read the article I posted?
yes on the stool softener part now…the one who has impacted crop had a bad crop at birth so I’m not surprised. The one who has the massive crop…she might die…I’ll treat for yeast for seven days starting tomorrow I won’t give up on her!

Thank you soooooo much for your help you made me a little more chicken smarter!

How often can I actually give these stool softeners to this bird? It was 60% smaller this morning but then ballooned up as soon as she ate. I’m treating for sour crop today. But can I give these stool softeners for a few days?

How often can I actually give these stool softeners to this bird? It was 60% smaller this morning but then ballooned up as soon as she ate. I’m treating for sour crop today. But can I give these stool softeners for a few days?
I don't think I've given the stool softener for more than a couple days in a row, but I give it intermittently for up to a week just to give her a rest in between doses. I still massage (not aggressively) daily. It can take up to a couple weeks for the crop to finally empty. Make sure she is drinking water as the stool softener can dehydrate her.

@azygous

Back
Top Bottom