Ameraucana big crop

I don't think I've given the stool softener for more than a couple days in a row, but I give it intermittently for up to a week just to give her a rest in between doses. I still massage (not aggressively) daily. It can take up to a couple weeks for the crop to finally empty. Make sure she is drinking water as the stool softener can dehydrate her.

@azygous
It’s ok to treat for sour crop too right (just incase)

But if you don't feel anything hard in her crop she might not have an impacted crop.
It’s really squishy, but ok I’m going to do a few days with the stool sofner I been massaging it every few hours and if that doesn’t work then I’ll switch to the sour crop treatment. I got this! And if that doesn’t work I’ll get her a bra!

It’s staying the same so I started treatment for sour crop and I also wormed her…. I did have round worms so I’ll do a five day treatment on her just in case. This summer I’m telling you…I got the most amazing chicken coop spent a lot of money on it. But I feel like there’s a trade off coop for viruses and I have had them all! I feel like I’m a smart chicken woman now!

The picture looks a bit more like a pendulous crop, a condition that comes from overeating and the muscle tone in the crop is lost. It requires some days/weeks of treatment plus a crop bra which holds the crop in so that it doesn’t become overfilled. @azygous is very good with advice on that, and she wrote the article about crops. She had a picture of a homemade crop bra, and that has to be in the right place to be effective. Stop the ACV since it may fermentation. Give her clean water, some watery egg, plain yogurt, and just a little watery chicken feed. Keeping her on liquids for a day might help. By the way, what are you feeding them? Stop any whole grains or treats right now.

The picture looks a bit more like a pendulous crop, a condition that comes from overeating and the muscle tone in the crop is lost. It requires some days/weeks of treatment plus a crop bra which holds the crop in so that it doesn’t become overfilled. @azygous is very good with advice on that, and she wrote the article about crops. She had a picture of a homemade crop bra, and that has to be in the right place to be effective. Stop the ACV since it may fermentation. Give her clean water, some watery egg, plain yogurt, and just a little watery chicken feed. Keeping her on liquids for a day might help. By the way, what are you feeding them? Stop any whole grains or treats right now.
When I move her crop around i here it bubble inside and it seems hard for her to breath. I’ll order her a bra…I’m not crafty like that at all unfortunately… I have been feeding her egg and watering down the chicken feed she gets keeping it simple

Be careful not to press or massage her crop if it is full and puffy or liquidy. That can force fluids up into her throat and airway. Give her some miconazole or Monistat cream orally 1/2 inch twice a day to help treat for possible fungal or yeast infection.

Be careful not to press or massage her crop if it is full and puffy or liquidy. That can force fluids up into her throat and airway. Give her some miconazole or Monistat cream orally 1/2 inch twice a day to help treat for possible fungal or yeast infection.
Yes! That’s what I started today, how long should I cage her she is not at all happy! Her crop bra won’t arrive till Feb 7th :( I feel so bad I’m just now taking action for this poor baby, I just been so cought up in my other chicken drama!

How long does she wear the crop bra?

Back
Top Bottom