ameraucana cochin cross

acovey24

Chirping
Jun 16, 2015
Springlake, Texas
Hello, I have 4 hens and 1 rooster that are cochins. Their daddy was ameraucana and if I remember correctly, the mother looked similar. They are 18 weeks old this week and I'm just getting anxious for when they start laying. Do you think they will lay brown or green/blue eggs? I know I will find out eventually....but I like to stress about unimportant things such as this because I'm too darn excited. Got them when they were 2 days old. The rooster was suppose to be a hen, of course, but he is so pretty and sweet that we are keeping him. Main question was if you think the egg will be brown or green/ blue. It seems like they are such slow bloomers. The hens don't really have noticeable combs or waddles at all. I'm guessing it will be a couple more months, maybe even spring before they decide to lay me the cackleberry....which is fine. The suspense is just killing me though! I have included some pictures below. In picture 1 is miss Mo and Roo (the rooster). In picture 2 is all of them: Mo, Roo, Emry, Goldie, and Freckles.

Back
Top Bottom