Ameraucana or Easter Egger?

Hah, well, four of them are named after Carthaginian generals:

Hamilcar
Mago
Hannibal
Hasdrubal

One is named after a same-era Numidian king, Jugurtha.
And the last one is named after Scipio Africanus who destroyed Carthage and put into effect the 'Carthaginian Solution'.

The names are odd, I realize, but I have a thing for Mediterranean antiquity. Thanks for asking!

I was going to ask if any of them were named Hannibal. :) I have also heard of Scipio Africanus, but I have not heard the other three names.

What about Dido, queen of Carthage?

Or what about Aeneas, from Virgil's Aeneid, who left Troy with his people and spent some time in Carthage?

Maybe when you get more chickens. :)

Those are wonderful suggestions if we get more chickens! There's a lot to choose from! Dido will be next, for sure.

EmiAnner or Bullitt, do you name your chickens?

Kwestley, I agree with Bullitt about you should start your own thread not post on someone elses as it is not polite, however I will answer you, that yes your pullet is an EE and a very pretty one at that.

Hah, well, four of them are named after Carthaginian generals:

Hamilcar
Mago
Hannibal
Hasdrubal

One is named after a same-era Numidian king, Jugurtha.
And the last one is named after Scipio Africanus who destroyed Carthage by putting into effect the 'Carthaginian Solution'.

The names are odd, I realize, but I have a thing for Mediterranean antiquity. Thanks for asking!

You see why I married this woman?!? I wanted to name them all "Arthur" after Arthur Digby Sellers.

Love how you came up with their names! I do name mine too. I named Hilda and Sweetpea, my daughter named Queen, Princess, Mystery, and Faith, and my husband named Xena and Zelda. There was absolutely no rhyme or reason to the names, however their personalities do match!

I love all of those names, they sound like lovely chickens. It is interesting how their personalities begin to match their names. Perhaps it's psychological. Hopefully Hannibal doesn't try to lead the others into battle against us using an unexpected route!

Back
Top Bottom