Ameraucana thread for posting pictures and discussing our birds

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by hcammack, Oct 24, 2009.

1. MobyQuail

MobyQuail c. giganticus

Sep 10, 2010
    Quailtropolis
    Quote:Beautiful hen, what color is this referred to? Is there anyone that breed these types of hens but with larger beards?

She's a Wheaten Ameraucana hen and her beard looks pretty full to me. [​IMG]

thanks S & J,

I got that hen from Halo, one wheaten ameraucana and one blue wheaten, they are very pretty to me, thank you Halo.
    [​IMG]

The cleanfaced wheaten hen, I got from Larry (randy) Gardner in Ringold Ga, from his cull pen.
    [​IMG]

I also saw cpartist's Wheatens this week in person, very, very nice.

I may be about to embark on the wheaten journey, birds from Halo, cpartist and gardner should let me lean on the shoulders of giants to see over the clouds finally...

oh well, when life drops a wheaten in your lap for being in the right place at the right time...go with it- you got lucky as all get out...

I know wheaties are some of the hardest to get right, throw in the Ameraucana and I plan on [​IMG] but if ya know me, I need it...

Last edited: Jul 11, 2011
  2. MobyQuail

MobyQuail c. giganticus

Sep 10, 2010
    Quailtropolis
    Quote:She's a Wheaten Ameraucana hen and her beard looks pretty full to me. [​IMG]

Darn I want to be the 1000 post on this thread.

there is always #20000... ETA another 0,

Last edited: Jul 11, 2011
  3. seminolewind

seminolewind Flock Mistress Premium Member

Sep 6, 2007
    spring hill, florida
    nice birds!!!

4. wava1vaughn

wava1vaughn Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 24, 2011
    Cairo Ga.
    Hi from Ga. To model a tractor they look great. Good luck with them. [​IMG]

5. MobyQuail

MobyQuail c. giganticus

Sep 10, 2010
    Quailtropolis
    Quote:thankyou, just want to be clear, the clean faced hen was a Gardner "cull", he gave her to me before he ate her, she easily made it to our layer flock.

Mr. Gardner's breeder pen and growout pens had many great wheaten birds with full beards, imho- he knows what he is doing and all he does is wheatens and bw ams. lucky to find him and he is right around the corner from my In-laws, hope to see him again in 2 weeks and bring something home [​IMG] ...

now cpartist's birds are right around the corner from me here too and Halo is 30 minutes south of me. I would be dumber than I already am, if I did not take advantage of my luck with this...

6. wava1vaughn

wava1vaughn Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 24, 2011
    Cairo Ga.
    Hi from Ga. I don't know anything about Ameraucana's but I was given 12 Blue eggs so I will see what happens. Good Luck with the gators. [​IMG]

7. fluffandpuffchicks

fluffandpuffchicks Out Of The Brooder

Jul 9, 2011
    Pennsylvania
    See I got my "Ameraucana" (which I just found out is a Easter Egger) got it from a feed store shipment (place your order and some hatchery sends them to the feed store) and they said they were Ameraucanas. [​IMG]

8. BarnGoddess01

BarnGoddess01 I [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG]

Quote:Many of us learn the hard way. My first Easter Eggers were sold to me as "Ameraucanas" as well. Not a thing wrong with them. They are lovely birds and they lay beautiful blue/green eggs. They just aren't Ameraucanas.

9. jeremy

jeremy CA Royal Blues

Mar 23, 2008
    Oakland, CA
    Quote:thankyou, just want to be clear, the clean faced hen was a Gardner "cull", he gave her to me before he ate her, she easily made it to our layer flock.

Mr. Gardner's breeder pen and growout pens had many great wheaten birds with full beards, imho- he knows what he is doing and all he does is wheatens and bw ams. lucky to find him and he is right around the corner from my In-laws, hope to see him again in 2 weeks and bring something home [​IMG] ...

now cpartist's birds are right around the corner from me here too and Halo is 30 minutes south of me. I would be dumber than I already am, if I did not take advantage of my luck with this...

Do you have Larry Gardner's contact info?

10. fluffandpuffchicks

fluffandpuffchicks Out Of The Brooder

Jul 9, 2011
    Pennsylvania
    [​IMG]
    Quote:Many of us learn the hard way. My first Easter Eggers were sold to me as "Ameraucanas" as well. Not a thing wrong with them. They are lovely birds and they lay beautiful blue/green eggs. They just aren't Ameraucanas.

They are friendly, gentle and even if they arent Ameraucanas doesnt really change how much I care about them [​IMG] haha I feel better knowing I'm not the only one who was told my Easter Eggers were Ameraucanas! Now that I think about it- They were very cheep for Ameraucanas-I shoulda realized! [​IMG] Haha thanks for clearing that up for me!

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by