Ameraucana thread for posting pictures and discussing our birds

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by hcammack, Oct 24, 2009.

1. WhiteMountainsRanch

WhiteMountainsRanch Overrun With Chickens

Jun 19, 2010
    San Diego, CA
    I have a 21 week old Ameraucana pullet that JUST started laying and has now decided to go broody. [​IMG] [​IMG] She only has 1 blue egg under her, hope she lays a couple more before giving up... She is soooooo funny puffing up and trying to chase everyone out of the coop... [​IMG] [​IMG]

And yes she is one of yours Luanne. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Here she is;
    [​IMG]

2. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    WhiteMountains - Tell me about it. [​IMG] My Wheaties and Blue Wheaties were good their first year, now on their second year of laying - One must quickly grab as many eggs as they can, because boom! Broody in seconds. I have NO Wheatie eggs coming in right now, haven't had any for months, because one girl is taking care of her one chick, and the second has been brooding over nothing for months, and just got off the nest a few weeks ago, but is taking forever to contemplate laying again.

3. flower

flower Chillin' With My Peeps

May 16, 2009
    SW US Desert
    Thanks for the information. I have a black beauty who has black feet comb and beak. I love her........so pretty. Why do you think that so many people are happy in their ignorance of the correct information ?

pips&peeps :

Actually the black variety can have very dark slate to black legs.​

4. flower

flower Chillin' With My Peeps

May 16, 2009
    SW US Desert
    WMR what a picture ? Such detail, unusual pose so fluffy against the black shadow background !

5. MobyQuail

MobyQuail c. giganticus

Sep 10, 2010
    Quailtropolis
    [​IMG]

thank you Luanne

6. Christie Rhae

Christie Rhae Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 5, 2010
    Big Island, Hawaii
    Quote:Sigh, what a beautiful sight!! [​IMG]

7. WhiteMountainsRanch

WhiteMountainsRanch Overrun With Chickens

Jun 19, 2010
    San Diego, CA
    Quote:
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] I can't wait for my little Wheaties to hatch... I swear they are the cutest chicks on earth! [​IMG]

Those are mines' cousins Model-A!!! [​IMG]

8. Cloverleaf Farm

Cloverleaf Farm Bearded Birds are Best

Sep 16, 2008
    Levan, UT
    Quote:
    Same reason why so many people get angry when they are told they have EEs and not Ameraucanas. Lots of people think that their birds are "perfect" and therefore MUST be the way the breed is supposed to look. We all love our own birds, but it takes time, education, and most importantly the willingness to learn to see that what we love so much may not be "perfect". [​IMG]

9. ChicksterJo

ChicksterJo Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 19, 2011
    Grounded on Earth
    Quote:[​IMG] [​IMG]
    Such cute babies. Have fun watching them grow up!

10. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Quote:Here is one. Daddy is a Blue Wheaten Ameraucana, Hen was a Salmon Faverolle....

He has 5 toes on each foot, feathers on his legs and was beautiful until I sent him to my cousin's farm in far west Phoenix.

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by