1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Ameraucana thread for posting pictures and discussing our birds

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by hcammack, Oct 24, 2009.

1. Cloverleaf Farm

Cloverleaf Farm Bearded Birds are Best

Sep 16, 2008
    Levan, UT
    Quote:I LOVE your birds! If I was going to raise blues.....

I was just making out my list for some new sales ads and decided to do a head count for the heck of it. 229 [​IMG]

Thanks. I LOVE the blues!!!

229???? Holy cow!!! [​IMG]

2. Christie Rhae

Christie Rhae Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 5, 2010
    Big Island, Hawaii
    Quote:I LOVE your birds! If I was going to raise blues.....

I was just making out my list for some new sales ads and decided to do a head count for the heck of it. 229 [​IMG]

229? chickens?? wow! I think I need more chickens...

3. Goose and Fig

Goose and Fig Grateful Geese

Apr 19, 2009
    Fall Creek Falls TN
    Well- 11 geese and 4 ducks, but the other 214 are chicken. 10 are "sold". Oy.

4. cubakid

cubakid Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 22, 2010
    We have like 600-700 chickens... i wish i only had 229! My feed bill wishes it too [​IMG]

5. MobyQuail

MobyQuail c. giganticus

Sep 10, 2010
    Quailtropolis
    Quote:Absolutely my pleasure...so happy to help someone else interested in working with these...and local .... [​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    Cloverleaf, now you know I can't have BBS birds, but gosh I love seeing photos of Poseidon in his new home, and I can't get over how fluffy cheeked those babies are! [​IMG]

7. Cloverleaf Farm

Cloverleaf Farm Bearded Birds are Best

Sep 16, 2008
    Levan, UT
    Quote:He's so awesome!!!! We LOVE him! I even gave up my precious lavender boy Leo in favor of him!!! [​IMG]

8. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    I was looking through some old photos of mine I had of him, and thought to myself about the fact that since he was a chick, I was really looking foreward to using and showing him a lot. [​IMG] But I'm so glad to hear you love him! I just hope my Buffs give me plenty of good birds and good luck. So far I've got ONE chick out of several dozen eggs I tried. Half hatched, most were either sold or eaten by a now deceased cat. But, I'm not giving up just yet! [​IMG]

9. Helen in the Desert

Helen in the Desert Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 27, 2011
    Palm Springs
    Are "Stubs" common? and how extreme can they be before you have to wonder about parentage? any one have pics? a couple of my chicks have stubs and am trying to ID to make sure they are not mixes.

10. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    I've heard of cases of them in Wheatens and Blue Wheatens. I've no other knowledge of them though. . . .

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by