Ameraucana thread for posting pictures and discussing our birds

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by hcammack, Oct 24, 2009.

1. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    Sorry, the only pullet I see is on the far right in the last photo.

2. Haunted Chicken

Haunted Chicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 2, 2011
    Oregon
    Quote:It's such a heart break when I can't keep roosters in town. looks like 4 out of 5 are roosters [​IMG]

Sorry, I am so new at this I don't know what "what line of birds do you have" means. Totally giving my rookieness away here. Does that mean who did I get them from? If so, Cloverleaf, and they are the most loving sweet roos you can imagine. They love to cuddle on your neck and take a nap. My one blue girl wants nothing to do with me.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2011
  3. Haunted Chicken

Haunted Chicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 2, 2011
    Oregon
    Quote:Thanks, I was afraid of that. I couldn't stop hoping. Must be a newbie thing, I would imagine after a bit of experience you just kind of know and accept it is what it is. I guess I was hoping some sort of sex changing miracle would take place lol. [​IMG]

Now I'm back to finding my pullet a friend her age.

4. marlowmanor

marlowmanor Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 28, 2011
    Linwood,NC
    We looking for Blue, Black, Splash, or possibly Lavender started pullets (about 6wks old) to go with our little flock. I am in NC (Davidson County) and am interested in anyone nearby. Would like to be able to see stock and all when we get them. We are looking to get 2 to start with, maybe more later. We have 5 EEs right now along with 2 RIR pullets and a BR cockeral. We are trying to get rid of the RIRs and the BR, and once we determine the genders of the EEs we will likely end up getting rid of roos, except one and may wait to see what colors they grow out before getting rid of any roos. I think there is at least 1 roo in out EEs, but there may be more. I'll be trying to get pictures soon and posting them on the EE thread to help me get gender determined on them. If you have any of the colors we are looking for please PM me and let me know where you are, what you have and prices. Also may be able to do some shipping, but DH isn't sure about that yet. DH doesn't work this weekend so we would be available to come check out your stock over the weekend if you have any available.

5. Goose and Fig

Goose and Fig Grateful Geese

Apr 19, 2009
    Fall Creek Falls TN
    I don't mind people seeing pictures of my stock, or meeting them with birds that they can look at, but for bio-security reasons I prefer NOT to let people with chickens tour my coops. I wouldn't expect too many breeders would let me do that either.

6. marlowmanor

marlowmanor Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 28, 2011
    Linwood,NC
    Quote:All that is understandable. You can't be too cautious with people checking your pens out when they already have chickens at home. Our EE chicks will be 5 weeks old Wednesday. They spend nights inside (since we are working on getting a coop built for them still) and are outside in their run when we are home during the day, if we have to go somewhere during the day they are brought back in while we are gone since they have no shelter outside right now. DH will be working on it on his days off though. I don't mind if someone sends me pictures of the stock they have or the ones they have for sale. I love the idea of being able to go see things in person. My kids would love to see full grown chickens!

ETA: The chicks don't have to be SQ, they can be PQ since they are just going in my backyard flock, we don't plan to do any showing, or breeding. We may try to hatch some eggs in the spring so that our kids can have that experience, but it may not be from our own eggs. May not even hatch out Ameracaunas, no telling really right now it's just an idea!

7. SEMCNABB

SEMCNABB Out Of The Brooder

Jul 2, 2011
    South Mississippi
    OK going to ask Again. Are they Ameraucanna or EE. I was told at purchase from breeder they are ameraucana. Please help.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Goose and Fig

Goose and Fig Grateful Geese

Apr 19, 2009
    Fall Creek Falls TN
    Quote:Check the bottoms of the feet- they should be white, no trace of yellow or green. They do look like blue ameraucanas.

9. pips&peeps

pips&peeps There is no "I" in Ameraucana

Jan 18, 2008
    Newman Lake, WA
    They look like very poor quality though, I've never seen one with a splotch of white on it like that.

The first one pictured doesn't look well.

10. SEMCNABB

SEMCNABB Out Of The Brooder

Jul 2, 2011
    South Mississippi
    pips&peeps :

They look like very poor quality though, I've never seen one with a splotch of white on it like that.

The first one pictured doesn't look well.

Well thank you anyway. She has been is 100 + heat so no she dose not look her best. We have been under a heat adviser for over a week. And I know she is not a show bird, she is a pet! I was just asking what she was.​

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by