Ameraucana thread for posting pictures and discussing our birds

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by hcammack, Oct 24, 2009.

1. Goose and Fig

Goose and Fig Grateful Geese

Apr 19, 2009
    Fall Creek Falls TN
    Quote:I've got a wellie that throws nothing but boys- and she lays the prettiest egg [​IMG]

2. Muggsmagee

Muggsmagee Menagerie Mama

Dec 15, 2009
    Central NY
    Quote:WOW you hatched 26 eggs from one hen? I haven't had chickens lay 26 eggs total, all year. [​IMG] (ok, since I got them this past May)

Yeah...and that's just the ones I've set. [​IMG] She is not the best layer, but great coloring/typey, and throws the prettiest little eggs. It's just not worth the heartache having so many roos to deal with. [​IMG]

3. Muggsmagee

Muggsmagee Menagerie Mama

Dec 15, 2009
    Central NY
    Quote:I've got a wellie that throws nothing but boys- and she lays the prettiest egg [​IMG]

You've got a girl just like mine! (Love the Wellies.) It's so frustrating! Especially when we WANT to breed for egg color.

4. flower

flower Chillin' With My Peeps

May 16, 2009
    SW US Desert
    That's is great news. You must be proud of yourself !

Quote:

5. Phage

Phage Mad Scientist

Aug 1, 2009
    San Diego, CA
    Congrats!!!!!

Quote:

6. FinsUp

FinsUp Chillin' With My Peeps

May 10, 2010
    lake oswego flats
    Quote:I got a list from the Extension office, which one are you a part of (contact name - the group name is cut off of the print out)? I know Tops is close, but they do mostly rabbits. One of my daughters wanted to join to show a hen, but it was too late to be able to do the fair as 4H, so we waited. Our vet in Newberg suggested she join.

Wouldn't have worked out this year anyway - spent the last 2 days on ladders painting the house! Couple more days and we would be done - can't wait to see the poster at the fair.

7. Noncentzter

Noncentzter Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 17, 2009
    Southern Oregon Coast
    Quote:Congrats to your son!! Great job!!

8. Cloverleaf Farm

Cloverleaf Farm Bearded Birds are Best

Sep 16, 2008
    Levan, UT
    Quote:I got a list from the Extension office, which one are you a part of (contact name - the group name is cut off of the print out)? I know Tops is close, but they do mostly rabbits. One of my daughters wanted to join to show a hen, but it was too late to be able to do the fair as 4H, so we waited. Our vet in Newberg suggested she join.

Wouldn't have worked out this year anyway - spent the last 2 days on ladders painting the house! Couple more days and we would be done - can't wait to see the poster at the fair.

We have a really big base group, which includes all the rabbit / cavy kids, horse kids, cooking and sewing, etc....and that's the Green Leaves 4H club, then we have our little poultry group that meets on the side (most of our poultry kids just do poultry and don't go to the general meetings) and we are the "Canby Cluckers". [​IMG] But Green Leaves is what you'd want to look for...or you can just start coming to our poultry meetings and sign up next month when the new year starts! [​IMG]

9. Cloverleaf Farm

Cloverleaf Farm Bearded Birds are Best

Sep 16, 2008
    Levan, UT
    Quote:Congrats to your son!! Great job!!

Thanks John!!

And thanks to everyone else who has offered congrats to my DS!!! I'll be sure to post pics as soon as I can! [​IMG]

10. Christie Rhae

Christie Rhae Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 5, 2010
    Big Island, Hawaii
    Ok... I have been growing chicks... You may remember this little one at 10 days old...
    [​IMG]

Now we are 24 days old and growing like crazy. Anyone want to hazard a guess yet on gender and weather or not it is wheaten or blue wheaten? My first experience so I don't know what to look for. I am posting as many different angles as I can think of. Oh and notice the feet... turning blue.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

So... whatchya guys think?
    This chick is the sweetest bird I have ever known. Our whole family just adores it.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by