Ameraucana thread for posting pictures and discussing our birds

Quote:
I hope my question wasn't rude, but I just can't make out the shape of the body or its color on my monitor with these old eyes. If it's an Ameraucana it would have to be a wheaten, but I really can't see it well enough to even say what color it is........................ brain getting too old or just have tired eyes tonight.
idunno.gif

No you were not rude. I am easy going. The little one is out of my Ameraucanas, the father was a wheaten/silver cross and mom is solid white.

Sorry to have to say it, but since it's a mix of three different varities, Ameraucana breeders would consider it an EE; and that's even providing it did not descend from the mongrelized stock sold by hatcheries and feed stores. If you do a little reading and research on prior posts here you will understand why I say that. Many seem to get hurt feelings when they are told they have an EE, so please don't be upset. It's important for people to learn the difference between EEs and Ameraucanas, and there are threads here at BYC for either.

Someone showing their whites..beautiful! So here is a picture, that I am not sure of.. AM, or EE? Only picture I have of her.
myflockinFeb013.jpg

Quote:
Wow, had no idea..thanks...now, if I can make it. I just got "the" call from my neuro that I've been waiting for. Need a fusion in my neck.
sad.png
We weren't quite sure, was waiting for results, now for the fun. I am going to Bookmark your post. Has some info on it that I can look at. Thanks again!
Hey, Farmington isn't that far from us, just up north about an hr. and a half drive. I wonder if it's in the big Amusement Park..Lagoon.

Cynthia12, I don't know your problem but I went to a chiropractor with an awful neck and he kept me from having surgery!

They were trying to see if my problem was something else, which I do have also, along with the bad disc. I have Brachial Pluxitis. That, can work out, but takes a lot of time...the disc that he wants to take out, is C6/7, and it is so bad, that they don't want to let it go, because it can do more harm either to the nerve root, or even the spinal cord, it's that bad. I have several other discs that are bad, but not bad enough to take out.
Oh well, in the meantime, I'm enjoying my chickens, and trying to teach my DH how to take good care of them while I'm down and out for a while. They will think that they have been taken somewhere else when he comes out to take care of them. lol...but it won't take them long when he shows up with treats day after day. Hope they still love me when I come back, they will probably wonder where that other neat guy went. But I'll win them back with their most favorite treats!
wink.png

Quote:
Cynthia12, I don't know your problem but I went to a chiropractor with an awful neck and he kept me from having surgery!

They were trying to see if my problem was something else, which I do have also, along with the bad disc. I have Brachial Pluxitis. That, can work out, but takes a lot of time...the disc that he wants to take out, is C6/7, and it is so bad, that they don't want to let it go, because it can do more harm either to the nerve root, or even the spinal cord, it's that bad. I have several other discs that are bad, but not bad enough to take out.
Oh well, in the meantime, I'm enjoying my chickens, and trying to teach my DH how to take good care of them while I'm down and out for a while. They will think that they have been taken somewhere else when he comes out to take care of them. lol...but it won't take them long when he shows up with treats day after day. Hope they still love me when I come back, they will probably wonder where that other neat guy went. But I'll win them back with their most favorite treats!
wink.png

Whatever they have to do for you and whenever they do it you will be surrounded in the Light. and all will be well.

Quote:
wink.png

Whatever they have to do for you and whenever they do it you will be surrounded in the Light. and all will be well.

Thank you so much.
hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom