Ameraucana thread for posting pictures and discussing our birds

Does anyone have pictures of grown Mottled Ameraucanas? I have a juvenile pair, and I'm very curious about what they'll possibly look like as adults. Thank you!

When they were about a month old.

One of them taken yesterday, about two months old.

So excited! I got my first chocolate chick from my split roo over bantam black ameraucana girls this week. I actually hatched 2 but one didnt make it. I have 2 that are first gen with a chocolate orp roo over black AM females, as well, but this was more exciting because it's closer to full Ameraucana. This is my first time working with a project color in my Ameraucanas too.

LF or bantam?

I have been meaning to post pics of my Ameraucanas to see what you all thought. I got some pics of my cockerel today. Let me know what you think of him, and please be honest! He is about 6 months old.

He's really "spindly"; too thin in my opinion or "gamey". Is he free ranging or in a coop and run?

Does anyone have pictures of grown Mottled Ameraucanas? I have a juvenile pair, and I'm very curious about what they'll possibly look like as adults. Thank you!

From my understanding the mottling gets better as the birds age. It looks like you have a single combed baby though, I wouldn't recommend using it to continue breeding this project color.

From my understanding the mottling gets better as the birds age. It looks like you have a single combed baby though, I wouldn't recommend using it to continue breeding this project color.

Yes... I'm just an admirer, not a breeder. They both have single combs, although they are very tight. Thanks for the feedback!
smile.png

Dana, They are splits, not pure mottleds.

Back
Top Bottom