Ameraucana thread for posting pictures and discussing our birds

I was looking at the pics on photobucket from citygirlinthecountry.The odd chick is how brown reds hatch.Except for leg color.You can get brown red by crossing black and bb red or wild type color.I started the brown red bantams from such a cross in the early 1970's.It was a brown red EE bantam that was bb red old english on one side I purchased her and started the variety.I am new to this site but have been with the breed since the start. Jerry Segler

More of Jean's babies are moving to TN
big_smile.png
I have already promised Amy lavender if any come in the box
fl.gif
come on chickies hatch safe

Way to go Jean and Royce! Would LOVE to see show pictures by the way.
wink.png

Jerry, welcome! I've read your posts over on the Ameraucana forum. I'm verycherry over there too.

Jerry, welcome! I've read your posts over on the Ameraucana forum.

Me too! I just got my screen named turned on the ABC board. Welcome!​

Quote:
Interesting. So the possible mamas in that pen are buff orp, golden laced wyandotte and silver laced wyandotte. I would assume that she wouldn't be from the SLW mix (though there is one white tipped black that likely came from that cross). That leaves buff orp and GLW. Which do we think caused her? I also have a brown EE in that pen. I kind of marked her off the list since the baby has yellow legs.
This is the wild card EE-
IMG_1870.jpg

This is the baby (far right)-
IMG_5736-1.jpg

Can anybody here sell me up to 100 pure eggs reasonable
PM me if possible willing to get them from a few different people if I have too

Quote:
Wow, do you have an egg color chart? Can you identify which color her eggs are on it?
And where did you get her?

Anyone else have eggs that blue?
I'm amazed!!
big_smile.png

Can someone answer this. .

I figure that all Ameraucanas should have muffs and beards; However, of the 8 I got from someone, I have a blue cockerel who just isn't getting any muffs or beard in. I think one of the black pullets, too, may also have either little or no muffs and beard. I also noticed a couple breeder's photos of their stock, and a few also don't have them.

Is this just a sign of bad stock, or something that happens here and there? Can it be bred out of stock I got it from?

Quote:
I had posted pics of my new birds a while back. I was wondering if I should put them with my EE's or if any of them are good enough quality to start breeding Ameraucanas. I'm thinking that the blue hen may be a bit too dark. They are all good size and have full beards and muffs. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom