Ameraucana thread for posting pictures and discussing our birds

x3 it is a cockerel.
Geez, hope not, but I will take all your words for it. Still gorgeous, maybe I will just have to revisit breeder and find a pullet to go with!
big_smile.png

I do not know for sure but boy I hope so. I have three chicks that I just hatched from my Amercaunnas and have been told that they were hens. I have kept them for that reason since I only have two hens both More mature than I am completely comfortable with as for starting my flock.

I'd like to nominate my girls to the club! All 6 of them are beauties in my eyes
love.gif
I have 2 new Pekin ducks to add to the herd! I hope they don't mind sharing the stage with them and the new chicks I just got also. But I'm more afraid of the ducks coming in
hide.gif

Well I'm new to the club so I hope me and the girls (which I'm hoping they all are) are welcomed
barnie.gif

Ok so I have a nice hatch of my very first Ameracaunas (hooray
wee.gif
) my silly question for everyone is; should I cull if the leg pigment fails to extend to the tips of the toes (talking week old chicks) or will it fill in as they grow? Beards and all else look great, they are mostly blacks but I do have 3 blues in the hatch that seem fine regarding this issue... I am used to Favs which have white legs and cochins which have yellow so this is all new to me.
No, wait til they grow out.

Awe Shucks. Sounds like I have three roosters for sale. Ha well the joke is on me.
I have three 8 week old silver ameraucanas. I have been keeping track of how they feather out just for fun. Two feathered out fast and one really slow. I was sure the slow was going to be a boy with its stubby tail. Now one of the fast feathered and the slow feathered have salmon breasts and the other fast feathered one is definately a boy. So don't count your boys until they crow!

Back
Top Bottom