Ameraucana thread for posting pictures and discussing our birds

I'm trying to fill in my entry forms for my first two poultry shows, and I'm a little confused.

What is Jr. Show? One entry form has and entry fee per bird for Jr. Show, plus and entry fee for Jr. Showmanship?

Is Jr. Show part of Junior (for kids) Showmanship? Is this club charging a fee for each bird a Junior will show, plus a fee for the child?

When I make my entries, I tick off Open Show?

I enter my Ameraucanas as LF Ameraucana and then the color variety?

There doesn't seem to be a spot for band numbers, do I put that on the entry form?

I've shown top winning dogs for decades and I can't believe I can't fill in this entry form! APA's web site offers me no help that I can find.

Thanks for everyone's help. I know once I do it properly once, I'll be smacking myself on the forehead for being so dense.

The Jr. is for the kids. They have a showmanship class. Don't worry about any of that. You will check off open. You will need to put the size of your bird LF or bantam. You will have to say what age: pullet, hen, cock, or cockerel. Variety, you will have blue, black, and aov (splash).

That is where what I know ends. Some entry forms differ by which state the show is in (because of health and testing regs).

Thanks everyone for making the obvious crystal clear. Now, I just have to be sure my Wheaten is a blue Wheaten pullet and not a Wheaten pullet. The tail feathers have grey/blue on the outside but are quite dark on the other side, the inside of her tail. The shading on her wing feathers looks charcoal black, but the alula feathers (I think they are the thumb feathers) are decidedly grey/blue. I've always thought she was a blue Wheaten, but wouldn't that be ridiculous if I entered her in the wrong variety.

Thanks everyone for making the obvious crystal clear. Now, I just have to be sure my Wheaten is a blue Wheaten pullet and not a Wheaten pullet. The tail feathers have grey/blue on the outside but are quite dark on the other side, the inside of her tail. The shading on her wing feathers looks charcoal black, but the alula feathers (I think they are the thumb feathers) are decidedly grey/blue. I've always thought she was a blue Wheaten, but wouldn't that be ridiculous if I entered her in the wrong variety.

Be interested in reading what the experts say myself, as I'm not one..but sure looks like a blue wheaten to me. :)

Thanks everyone for all your help. I think I have it figured out.

What do you people who show take your birds to a show in? I was thinking about the plastic dog crates, but wonder if the front metal door won't ruin feathers. I'm bringing bantam Cochin pullets and they have a lot of soft feathers to get broken on the way to the show.

Thanks everyone for all your help. I think I have it figured out.

What do you people who show take your birds to a show in? I was thinking about the plastic dog crates, but wonder if the front metal door won't ruin feathers. I'm bringing bantam Cochin pullets and they have a lot of soft feathers to get broken on the way to the show.
Those work very well. Or some people use they wooden type boxes. They are basically a wooden box, with a jail cell type door (bars) that slides up. Both work good. The dog carriers are much lighter though. There are many other carrier designs people have came up with but these two are probably the must popular

Back
Top Bottom