Ameraucana thread for posting pictures and discussing our birds

These are my blues, ill try to get better Picts of the wings with white feathers

thats what i was thinking. If the color coming in around these black highlights is tan then their females right. And if they get more black in then their males. All in all by 3 to 4 weeks i can tell for sure right.
I think closer to 6-8 weeks and even then it could be iffy with wheatens. LOL

Here's 4 of my wheatens as they were growing. 2 boys 2 girls. The sex was fairly quick to determine after a few weeks. Once the feathers around neck and chest started filling in it was super easy :) I love wheatens. Darker feathers around neck and chest were good boy clues, big old feet compared to their hatchmates was a good clue for boys too. All my girls stayed sorta light in color over all except wingtips and tail on the wheaten pullets. A higher center comb ridge (of the 3 ridges on pea comb) point towards girls and the girls lacked the dark feathers around the neck. I got red combs after a few more weeks on the boys too.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/...-wheatan-ameraucana-chicks/0_50#post_12063689

What do you guys think pullet or cockerel 4 week old wheaten bantam

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom