Ameraucana thread for posting pictures and discussing our birds

My flock was inspected by the state inspector. My certificate reads:

Texas Pullorum-Typhoid Certificate
Administered by Texas A&M Veterinary Medical Diagnostic Laboratory

I have a flock number.

Selling of poultry of hatching eggs in Texas require the above certificate.

The inspector tested a few more than half my birds.

Am I NPIP?
i would venture to say Yes you are NPIP .......... i was told by state inspectors that they only need to check a sampling of your birds at each inspection(once a year) to be NPIP.

My flock was inspected by the state inspector. My certificate reads:

Texas Pullorum-Typhoid Certificate
Administered by Texas A&M Veterinary Medical Diagnostic Laboratory

I have a flock number.

Selling of poultry of hatching eggs in Texas require the above certificate.

The inspector tested a few more than half my birds.

Am I NPIP?

A friend of mine lives in Texas and works with cream legbars. I bought some hatching eggs from him and he had the same experience as you. He gets his birds tested such that he can send a certificate to the recipient that meets the intent on NPIP but he is not NPIP as such. He stated that it would cost him hundreds of dollars to get the NPIP certification.

we just got these 2 from friends of ours, they called them EE's and Ameraucana'sbut they look different then the ones Im looking at on here. What dose every one else think?

Last edited:

we just got these 2 from friends of ours, they called them EE's and Ameraucana'sbut they look different then the ones Im looking at on here. What dose every one else think?
They are EEs. They were likely sold to them going by both names. Pretty birds. There is an easter egger thread on here, you should check it out. You will like it. Look through some of the pictures that have been posted on the EE thread, they can come in so many different color combos.

Hi everyone! Im new to byc hoping im posting this in the right place. im in search of a blue wheaten hen or chicks. Im in Sacramento ca.if any one could point me in the right direction that would be amazing .thank you :)

Hello 3 little roos,

Recently, I purchased blue wheaten chicks from " Chickee" and, couldn't be happier. I am delighted with these gorgeous, healthy, and friendly chicks. Also , Chickee is a very lovely breeder to acquire birds from.

Lual

i would venture to say Yes you are NPIP .......... i was told by state inspectors that they only need to check a sampling of your birds at each inspection(once a year) to be NPIP.

That's what the inspector told me--and some consideration of where the birds in the flock originated from was taken when choosing the number of birds to sample. I had more than half sampled because it was my first year.

I just don't see NPIP anywhere on the form, but I thought when we talked, he used the term NPIP. I'll call to find out.

Thanks.

That's what the inspector told me--and some consideration of where the birds in the flock originated from was taken when choosing the number of birds to sample. I had more than half sampled because it was my first year.

I just don't see NPIP anywhere on the form, but I thought when we talked, he used the term NPIP. I'll call to find out.

Thanks.
Yes call them to make for sure .... when testing they will ask about new birds and will test them right away . They also like to go to different areas of your chicken's location and test randomly .... i have my pens under the oak trees scattered about on the property .
Did they give you the NPIP numbered leg bands ?

Please let us know what they tell you ...
Thank You

Hello 3 little roos,

Recently, I purchased blue wheaten chicks from " Chickee" and, couldn't be happier. I am delighted with these gorgeous, healthy, and friendly chicks. Also , Chickee is a very lovely breeder to acquire birds from.

Lual

they are beautiful I cant wait to get some from her to start my own lil flock thanks for showing me the pics :)

Back
Top Bottom