Ameraucana thread for posting pictures and discussing our birds

Hi Everyone -

Is there anyone on this thread in MN or surrounding states that would have quality Large Fowl Wheaten Ameraucana eggs or chicks? Looking for something with show potential and a bluer egg color is a must and really only interested in Wheaten, or possibly Lavender. Willing to travel a fair distance for quality or risk shipping from a reputable seller.

Please PM me with your info / availability / fees. I have only found 1 person on the buy / sell board and am waiting for a reply back from her as well but it has been a few days.

Must be NPIP certified.

Thanks All!

Kris
I have a listing in classifieds right now for wheaten/blue wheaten eggs and currently have a dozen ready to ship. :)

Hi everyone! Im new to byc hoping im posting this in the right place. im in search of a blue wheaten hen or chicks. Im in Sacramento ca.if any one could point me in the right direction that would be amazing .thank you :)

If you don't mind receiving via Express mail, a top Ameraucana breeder, Paul Smith takes reservations for chicks. A lot of people here seem to order from him. I just received my order and they are wonderful.

His email is psmith AT ntin.net (remove spaces and replace AT with @.

Hi everyone! Im new to byc hoping im posting this in the right place. im in search of a blue wheaten hen or chicks. Im in Sacramento ca.if any one could point me in the right direction that would be amazing .thank you
smile.png
Look at the breeders directory on the club website www.ameraucana.org Good Luck

I had some spare time today so I thought I would try and sex my remaining 10 BBS chicks. I tried sexing them based on how fast their wings and tails were feathering out. They are only 8 days old. I would actually be pretty happy if I was right, because I am thinking I have 6 pullets, 2 cockerels, and 2 undecided (leaning towards one being a pullet and one a cockerel). I put little rubber bands on to mark them so that I can keep track of them and see if I am right. Boys got blue, girls got green, and undecideds got yellow.
Keeping track of their growth:
splash

blue

black

Random pic:

Hi everyone! Im new to byc hoping im posting this in the right place. im in search of a blue wheaten hen or chicks. Im in Sacramento ca.if any one could point me in the right direction that would be amazing .thank you
smile.png
welcome-byc.gif

I am not far from you in Grass Valley. I can set some eggs for you. The chicks will be mostly blue wheaten, with a few wheaten and a chance of splash.
big_smile.png
You can take a look at my picture albums and see if you like my birds. If you look back on page 2337 at the pictures Lualshannon posted of her chicks, those are out of my birds.

Last edited:
I have a listing in classifieds right now for wheaten/blue wheaten eggs and currently have a dozen ready to ship. :)
Well, I guess I should read all the way to the end of the post before I reply. ;)

I am a member of the Ameraucana Breeder's Org, but only my show stock are NPIP...so, I probably can't help you. Sorry

I am a member of the Ameraucana Breeder's Org, but only my show stock are NPIP...so, I probably can't help you. Sorry
My flock was inspected by the state inspector. My certificate reads:

Texas Pullorum-Typhoid Certificate
Administered by Texas A&M Veterinary Medical Diagnostic Laboratory

I have a flock number.

Selling of poultry of hatching eggs in Texas require the above certificate.

The inspector tested a few more than half my birds.

Am I NPIP?

My flock was inspected by the state inspector. My certificate reads:

Texas Pullorum-Typhoid Certificate
Administered by Texas A&M Veterinary Medical Diagnostic Laboratory

I have a flock number.

Selling of poultry of hatching eggs in Texas require the above certificate.

The inspector tested a few more than half my birds.

Am I NPIP?

If you're asking me, I guess that would depend on what the person stating their preference for NPIP and what your state requires....

Most folks (and I assumed the one asking for NPIP cert, but of course we know what happens when you assume), want an entire flock NPIP tested and I only test my show stock, so I wouldn't qualify as an "NPIP" breeder based on that qualification.

As far as I'm concerned, I'd buy eggs from you. :)

General question about tail spread. A few of my pullets have well spread base feathers of their tail and tighter feathers towards the top of their spread. What should I be looking for in a cock bird (if anything) to correct that? Or should I cull and use the few I have without pinched by themselves

Back
Top Bottom