Ameraucana thread for posting pictures and discussing our birds

Quote:
I don't know about the GREEN thing. My Wheatens lay about the same color from pullet to hens. I know from making SBEL that the Blue eggs from those girls are BLUE and not a green. Makes me think with 2 copies of the blue egg gene the color is stronger and looks more green because of it. BUT IDK.... just a guess.

This kind of came up with my eggs yesterday. I know my eggs range in the Cs on the Am egg color chart, but the last week some of the eggs seem to be darker green. I am not getting as many of the light/baby blues. I am not saying they are laying different now... but they are greener.

DMRippy - maybe because you took the blue gene and put it with white, it made it brighter?

I don't know about the GREEN thing. My Wheatens lay about the same color from pullet to hens. I know from making SBEL that the Blue eggs from those girls are BLUE and not a green. Makes me think with 2 copies of the blue egg gene the color is stronger and looks more green because of it. BUT IDK.... just a guess.
are you breeding only F1 generations of sbel? ive been thinking about breeding sbel for the egg production and the color. would be awesome if you posted some pics of your sbel hens/roos

Back
Top Bottom