Ameraucana thread for posting pictures and discussing our birds

Congratulations! What colors did u hatch out?
I'm going to pair my dark blue with my two blues and one black! And, I have a beautiful blue wheaten, Eve, with zero leakage& a wheaten hen with some leakage. Planning to breed my blue wheaten to my blue wheaten Eve, for sure!

Hi, I am working on my blues. I hatched blues and blacks out of a blue cockerel over my two blue and two black hens. But, I ended up with mostly black chicks and am trying to figure out if I want to keep any of the blacks or maybe set another batch and then keep all the blues. I am happy with how the blue chicks are looking just wish got more of them!

Sounds like you have a lot of colors to work with! I'd love to see some photos!

Last edited:
Hi, I am working on my blues. I hatched blues and blacks out of a blue cockerel over my two blue and two black hens. But, I ended up with mostly black chicks and am trying to figure out if I want to keep any of the blacks or maybe set another batch and then keep all the blues. I am happy with how the blue chicks are looking just wish got more of them!

Sounds like you have a lot of colors to work with! I'd love to see some photos!

This is the blue cockerel I used and one of the blue hens.

These are just a few, the ones of my dark blue are way outdated, he's a beautiful filled out boy today, Eve, blue wheaten pic is outdated, only current are of my blue wheaten and wheaten boy. I need to take more pics of them.
My wheaten roo and blue wheaten roo are the friendliest of my boys. My large wheaten Snuggle Bug has been bonded to me since he was tiny! He's the biggest sweetheart ever! No, my blue wheaten is sweet too but not quite as.... my dark blue John Wayne has actually charged me once or twice but, he knows better now.

These are just a few, the ones of my dark blue are way outdated, he's a beautiful filled out boy today, Eve, blue wheaten pic is outdated, only current are of my blue wheaten and wheaten boy. I need to take more pics of them.
My wheaten roo and blue wheaten roo are the friendliest of my boys. My large wheaten Snuggle Bug has been bonded to me since he was tiny! He's the biggest sweetheart ever! No, my blue wheaten is sweet too but not quite as.... my dark blue John Wayne has actually charged me once or twice but, he knows better now.

Yes, he is dark! Looks like he has a nice straight comb too. That is something I need to work on - adding it to the list! Haha the never ending list! It's hard to get good pictures during the winter so most of mine are from fall. I went to get a few this weekend and found the girls decided they would pluck my blue cockerel to bits so I'm gonna hold off on the next photo shoot lol. It's been very rainy this week so they have all decided to stay inside and pick on him.

Yes, he is dark! Looks like he has a nice straight comb too. That is something I need to work on - adding it to the list! Haha the never ending list! It's hard to get good pictures during the winter so most of mine are from fall. I went to get a few this weekend and found the girls decided they would pluck my blue cockerel to bits so I'm gonna hold off on the next photo shoot lol. It's been very rainy this week so they have all decided to stay inside and pick on him.

Look forward to seeing them!
1f60a.png

Back
Top Bottom