Ameraucana thread for posting pictures and discussing our birds

junebuggena

Crowing
Apr 17, 2015
Long Beach, WA
Ah, so many beautiful ameraucanas. I am a first time chicken owner, so I only have ameraucana chicks, but they are super adorable so I thought I'd share some pictures! I'll be sure to share more as they grow.

Fluffy lil butt!

You've heard about keeping your ducks in a row, the same applies to chicks.

She fell asleep in my palm and refused to move, it was a crime to move my hand.

Adorable Easter Egger chicks.

Miss Ameraucana

Songster
Oct 21, 2015
Hays, KS.
Ah, so many beautiful ameraucanas. I am a first time chicken owner, so I only have ameraucana chicks, but they are super adorable so I thought I'd share some pictures! I'll be sure to share more as they grow.

Fluffy lil butt!

You've heard about keeping your ducks in a row, the same applies to chicks.

She fell asleep in my palm and refused to move, it was a crime to move my hand.

Nothing at all wrong with Easter Eggers! Most Ameraucana lovers probably started out with Easter Eggers. Their full of personality, and very pretty too! I just picked up 7 more even though I have Ameraucanas. :)

iLikeMineFried

Chirping
Jun 29, 2016
Northern Wisconsin
I fell in love with the beards, muffs, and fluffy butts, so I bought these from Blue Star Poultry in Florida, since I can't seem to find chicks anywhere that aren't EEs. The breeder swears they are true BBS Ameraucana eggs. I sure hope so because they were pricey. He wants to know how my hatch goes, so I think he's the real deal.

samouw

Songster
8 Years
Mar 19, 2011
Aiken, SC
Nothing at all wrong with Easter Eggers! Most Ameraucana lovers probably started out with Easter Eggers. Their full of personality, and very pretty too! I just picked up 7 more even though I have Ameraucanas.
Neal Johnson, aka Blue Star Poultry, is a member of the Ameraucana Breeders Club. :)

OnceInaBlueMoon

Songster
5 Years
Jun 5, 2014
Tennessee
It's been a while since I have posted! I have been busy taking care of the farm and brooding chicks. We enjoyed showing our birds in the fall and winter months and took home several best of breed, best of variety, and champion AOSB awards. We also had a blue wheaten pullet that won reserve champion LF at a show. That was fun. A special thank you to those individuals that helped me get used to showing. You know who you are! Lol I look forward to showing Ameraucanas for years to come. We are currently focusing on White, Self Blue, Wheaten, Blue Wheaten, Splash Wheaten, and Black Ameraucanas. I also added Buffs this season. I reckon we are going for the rainbow trifecta. ;) Here are a few photos of our birds. I have a few other breeds currently but I plan to sell those at the end of this season and will be focusing exclusively on raising show quality potential Ameraucanas. I hope everyone has a good chick season.

Last edited:

samouw

Songster
8 Years
Mar 19, 2011
Aiken, SC
It's been a while since I have posted! I have been busy taking care of the farm and brooding chicks. We enjoyed showing our birds in the fall and winter months and took home several best of breed, best of variety, and champion AOSB awards. We also had a blue wheaten pullet that won reserve champion LF at a show. That was fun. I look forward to showing Ameraucanas for years to come. We are currently focusing on White, Self Blue, Wheaten, Blue Wheaten, Splash Wheaten, and Black Ameraucanas. I also added Buffs this season. I reckon we are going for the rainbow trifecta.
Here are a few photos of our birds. I have a few other breeds currently but I plan to sell those at the end of this season and will be focusing exclusively on raising show quality potential Ameraucanas. I hope everyone has a good chick season.

Beautiful group of birds there, Lindsay! @OnceInaBlueMoon Your whites are making me want to start building more breeding pens...:)

Top Bottom