Ameraucana thread for posting pictures and discussing our birds

pips&peeps :

Your birds are wheaten/blue wheaten in color, but are easter eggers. They have green legs and yellow skin. Someone has bred them up by crossing them.

You are correct, the hens have green legs and yellow skin. The rooster however has white skin and blue legs.​

Quote:
You are correct, the hens have green legs and yellow skin. The rooster however has white skin and blue legs.

Another generation or two of careful crosses and they will once again be Ameraucanas. If I were you, I'd stick with them. They are very nice.

It will take a while, the yellow skin gene is recessive and it can pop out for many more generations. The rooster, even though he has white skin, could be carrying the yellow skin gene.

I would recommend getting a cockerel/roo from a breeder that they know has white skin. You would also be far better off with the hackle color too.

The one on the far left likes to stand tall
big_smile.png

58064_dscf0505.jpg

Chipmunks from above
58064_dscf0494.jpg

Somebody likes to hog the photo
love.gif
with those large MUFFIES!!
58064_dscf0503.jpg

Some pics of my Silver LF Ameraucana Chicks
yippiechickie.gif
This was taken about 2 weeks ago

I just love them! I have a Trio and hopefully these babies will mature well so that I can expand my Flock of Silvers.

Feel free to give me your input
thumbsup.gif
Their legs have now change color and they are looking a little awkward

Quote:
Adoreable! What GREAT cheeks! Congrats on all the babies. I can't wait to get a hatch like that. Seems like it will never come.....

I know, it took a while. Now I only wish my Lavender Split ladies would start laying!

pips&peeps :

It will take a while, the yellow skin gene is recessive and it can pop out for many more generations. The rooster, even though he has white skin, could be carrying the yellow skin gene.

I would recommend getting a cockerel/roo from a breeder that they know has white skin. You would also be far better off with the hackle color too.

By hackle color you mean less yellow?

I would assume he does carry the gene for yellow skin as they all came from the same hatchery. I would probably be better served by getting some pure Americauna hens given that I really like his hackle and saddle and do not show my birds.​

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom