Ameraucana thread for posting pictures and discussing our birds

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by hcammack, Oct 24, 2009.

1. cpegram

cpegram Chillin' With My Peeps

They are gorgeous wow just beautiful!!

2. wava1vaughn

wava1vaughn Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 24, 2011
    Cairo Ga.
    Hi from Ga. I don't know much about Ameraucana's but a friend gave me 12 eggs on Friday so their in my Incubator. [​IMG]

3. Goose and Fig

Goose and Fig Grateful Geese

Apr 19, 2009
    Fall Creek Falls TN
    Quote:My only problem is that the lavender chicks do not sell locally at all. But the request for only show quality chicks in 2 colors that aren't even excepted, and only blue-blue eggs from lavenders is flipping ridiculous. If I knew they wanted imaginary chickens I would have hatched them instead!

4. BarnGoddess01

BarnGoddess01 I [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG]

Quote:[​IMG]

I wish my Splash was "show quality". [​IMG] In my mind, she is!!! [​IMG]

Truly funny!

5. BarnGoddess01

BarnGoddess01 I [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG]

Quote:Here are mine at 11 weeks ....

All three of them
    [​IMG]

William
    [​IMG]

Harry (This one has a tiny bit of red leakage at this point. May end up being a cull)
    [​IMG]

And my favourite, Leonardo da Vinci, a very light blue
    [​IMG]

Leo again (also my avatar <----)
    [​IMG]

And one more of Leo (whom I heard crowing today for the first time)
    [​IMG]

6. cpegram

cpegram Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:My only problem is that the lavender chicks do not sell locally at all. But the request for only show quality chicks in 2 colors that aren't even excepted, and only blue-blue eggs from lavenders is flipping ridiculous. If I knew they wanted imaginary chickens I would have hatched them instead!

Happy Mtn did you already hatch the chicks?.....I might be interested in some lav or lav split.....pick up of course [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 10, 2011
  7. StrawberryHouseMouse

StrawberryHouseMouse Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2009
    Cleveland, Tennessee
    I'm going through the same problems with my neighbor pretty much. She bought eggs from me to eat for some time, then decided she really liked the chickens too and wanted some of her own. So I hatched her out some eggs and suddenly she wants to show them too and I explained to her that lavenders are not an accepted color variety for show. So then she said "How about egg contests" where you enter eggs ya know. And I told her "Most these eggs are greenish blue, more green then blue. And they are very pale thanks to the Lavender gene. If you want blue blue eggs try to find someone selling wheatens and colors such as that which throw a darker egg. She got all retarded on me and refused to listen. She was just like "We'll see just hatch some for me and we'll go from there."

Last edited: Jul 10, 2011
  8. Goose and Fig

Goose and Fig Grateful Geese

Apr 19, 2009
    Fall Creek Falls TN

Happy Mtn did you already hatch the chicks?.....I might be interested in some lav or lav split.....pick up of course [​IMG]

I have a lady coming for some wheaten chicks next week. If I don't have enough hatched she's going to fill in the rest with lavs, but I will let you know [​IMG] Thanks!

9. 1000islandspoultry

1000islandspoultry Out Of The Brooder

Jun 6, 2011
    We are so excited to be adding ameraucanas to our coop - here are some pics of our chicks that just hatched

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. magicpigeon

magicpigeon Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 9, 2010
    Hi all,
    A newbie question from me, I bought what I thought were 3 araucana pullets about 4 months ago and was recently told Infact, I have 2 ameraucanas and 1 araucana. I'm posting here for verification, also if anyone could confirm the gender?

Ameraucana:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Araucana:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

(sorry, I only have pics of one of the Ameraucanas)

A little backround, I had heard there are no Ameraucanas in Australia however the selection of birds the breeder had available were 99% lavender, the 2 suppused Ameraucanas I have were the only 2 dark ones. I heard they all hatched from blue eggs but the 2 darker ones are significantly larger than the Araucana. Can you see any roosters? Thanks again [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by