Ameraucana thread for posting pictures and discussing our birds

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by hcammack, Oct 24, 2009.

1. melloladies

melloladies Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2010
    Merritt Island
    Quote:This is off topic, but I had to comment- I have the same combination of "culls" that you do- a clean faced blue wheaten Ameraucana, and a light blue rock. I think the light blue color is SO pretty. When most people "meet" them, she is the first one they comment on, saying they didn't know chickens could be so pretty!

Last edited: Jul 9, 2011
  2. BuffyGRL

BuffyGRL Chillin' With My Peeps

What would be a fair price for a very nice quality Blue Ameraucana pullet 21 weeks old?I am looking at buying some and just wanted to know if anyone could give me an idea? Thanks so much [​IMG]

3. Goose and Fig

Goose and Fig Grateful Geese

Apr 19, 2009
    Fall Creek Falls TN
    Quote:$25 -$30 if I was selling one. Not like anything is selling here with all the free tornado chickens roaming around...

4. BuffyGRL

BuffyGRL Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:$25 -$30 if I was selling one. Not like anything is selling here with all the free tornado chickens roaming around...

Thanks HappyMtn! $25.00 is what I was thinking, just nice to have someone that I can relate to [​IMG].
    Yeah, I would say that would drive the market a little stale. Its very unfortunate for those who had to suffer loss in those Tornados! [​IMG]

5. StrawberryHouseMouse

StrawberryHouseMouse Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2009
    Cleveland, Tennessee
    Welp I finally got me some Lavender Ameraucana eggs from one of my favorite Lavender LF breeders. They hatched a few days ago and I decided to take some photos today. Some blacks also hatched, Cindy told me they was from her lavender cages so I'm guessing they are split for lavender. I ordered a doz eggs, and she sent me some extra. I forget exactly how many there was when I put them in. But I hatched a doz so I got what I paid for! lol I may have to cull 2 of the chicks. One has a toe problem, the toes are staying curled in on one foot. The other has a leg problem where one leg stretches out to the side rather then the way it should be. Both can walk and run fine so I'm waiting before I cull to see if they grow out of it.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. chickee

chickee Chillin' With My Peeps

Some pictures of my babies. Shaffer Lavenders/black split, Meredith Buffs, Smith Blue Wheatens.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. flower

flower Chillin' With My Peeps

May 16, 2009
    SW US Desert
    WoW look at those babies in the bottom center. Swell muff and beards ! [​IMG]

8. Goose and Fig

Goose and Fig Grateful Geese

Apr 19, 2009
    Fall Creek Falls TN
    I had someone contact me a while back wanting a bunch of chicks. I said- OK I will hatch some, get back with me in a few weeks and we'll see how many we have.

A few weeks go by and they get back in touch. They want to be sure that they only get show quality lavenders and splashes that lay blue eggs- not a bit of green.

I politely gave them the scoop about those colors, and wouldn't you know it- they never wrote back!

Chickee- it's nice to see some girls for a change! I love it when the wheatens are that age. Well- I love it when the wheatens are any age.

9. flower

flower Chillin' With My Peeps

May 16, 2009
    SW US Desert
    Chickee I love your birds !!! And they make me think that I need to drive up to gold country to get some of those.

HappyMtn Fie on those people [​IMG] Ask for a downpayment first after explaining the problems that you have. This isn't the first time has happened to you, right ?

10. aurorarose25

aurorarose25 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 11, 2009
    Mesa, Az
    Quote:Same thing here with the lavenders. I'm going to start shipping them, and not hatch any unless they are paid for first. I really feel like I wasted a lot of incubator space when I could have been selling hatching eggs and working on my projects instead. Oh well- live and learn!

If you want to ship, ship some lavender chicks my way... I will take a bunch [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by