Ameraucana thread for posting pictures and discussing our birds

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by hcammack, Oct 24, 2009.

1. cpegram

cpegram Chillin' With My Peeps

ok these are my first Wheatens....I am seeing 4 hens 2 roos? They are 5-6 weeks old

[​IMG]

2. Arizonachicken

Arizonachicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 5, 2011
    Scottsdale, AZ
    OK, here are a few pictures of my girls. Are these EE's or Ameraucanas? Any advise is welcome! Thanks in advance! (I hope I do this right, it's my first time posting pictures!)'[​IMG]'
    Here is the clean-faced one with the grey legs
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here are the two fluffy ones with the blue legs.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. Goose and Fig

Goose and Fig Grateful Geese

Apr 19, 2009
    Fall Creek Falls TN
    They are all wheaten ameraucanas. Not really EEs, but they would be a cull from most breeding programs. Perfect for EEs or OES though!

4. Arizonachicken

Arizonachicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 5, 2011
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Thanks! They are really sweet and my kids love 'em! I'll have to look up what wheaten Ameraucanas should look like. Thanks for the expertise! By the way, what does OES stand for? (I'm showing my "newness")[​IMG]

5. MobyQuail

MobyQuail c. giganticus

Sep 10, 2010
    Quailtropolis
    bet they love that yard with all that grass, pretty.

6. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy Fluffy Feather Farm

Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle
    Quote:OE's - Olive Egger's. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

~ Aspen

7. Goose and Fig

Goose and Fig Grateful Geese

Apr 19, 2009
    Fall Creek Falls TN
    Quote:Right- OE stands for olive egger. I meant to say that the clean-faced ones would be culls. The others are fine. Sometimes you have to use what you have though. If they are good in every other way and lay awesome blue eggs, you might want to work with them. It will require a lot of record keeping. But- you have the other girls that you could use and avoid all that.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2011
  8. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Hey Petra!

(I'm the local breeder)

Looks like they are happy and WARM.

9. PHarris985

PHarris985 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 16, 2011
    Oregon
    Quote:I swear- every chick that I don't sell as a day old turns out to be a roo. [​IMG] I think I have 20 lav roos right now, zero pullets.

Same here out of 18 chicks 10 ended up roos. Lucky I was able to rehome them all but now it's like starting all over again.

10. MobyQuail

MobyQuail c. giganticus

Sep 10, 2010
    Quailtropolis
    this is a "cull" wheaten ameraucana, cause she is clean shaven. also with a "cull" blue rock, she is too light. my first birds, love em.
    I got these as backyard birds (culls) from great breeders, imho. who identified the birds as such to me and explained why they missed the SOP. I appreciate I met those 2 people when I started.
    not to get off topic of ameraucanas with the culls, showing it takes good breeders (which I am not yet- newb here) alot to get it right, and I appreciate the work ethic and the eye ya'll have.

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by