Ameraucana thread for posting pictures and discussing our birds

I think he has a beard, it's just small right now. I have a Wheaten Cockerel about 14 weeks old that started out with a small beard, and by the time he was 8-9 weeks old it popped back up and is Beautiful! I got them from the same breeder, so hoping it is the case!

If you are going to breed them to their siblings, you will find out for sure if they have a single or double dose.

I had some clean faced birds a few years ago but used them in the olive egger pen. Hate to waste the wheaten color and those great blue egg genes. That's one of the best things about this breed. Versatile.

I'm just curious to see if anyone can give me an opinion on one of my blue wheaten roos. He's about 10 months old now. Is he worth keeping?
He does have slate legs - and isn't quite as yellow as he looks - the sun was just very bright so it washed him out.

I'm just curious to see if anyone can give me an opinion on one of my blue wheaten roos. He's about 10 months old now. Is he worth keeping?
He does have slate legs - and isn't quite as yellow as he looks - the sun was just very bright so it washed him out.

I don't raise blue wheatens, but I think he is beautiful. I would keep him, but thats just my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom