Ameraucana thread for posting pictures and discussing our birds

Boy or girl. this one has me guessing.Born 4/2. Early red comb and early in charge maid me think boy. but her tail insnt convincing me. I almost think of her clucks and behavior as a pullet too. what does everyone think.

x

x

He has sickle feathers. Those pointy shinny feathers are developing as males go threw puberty. His comb says male also.

This is my 2 Ameraucana 1 of these are a bantam. Do you think my 2 ameraucanas will conform to standard? Can you tell me if it's actually 2 pullets? Thanks

Émeraude

Atchoum my bantam

This is my 2 Ameraucana 1 of these are a bantam. Do you think my 2 ameraucanas will conform to standard? Can you tell me if it's actually 2 pullets? Thanks

Émeraude (between 9 and 11 weeks)

Atchoum my bantam (around 9 and 11 weeks) ( It's not a very good pictures i will take another today)

Thanks

So pretty :) I think the 1st one is looking like a rooster (comb is wider/flatter & pink for its age. But, I have an easter egger hen...that looks very very similar in coloring...she didn't have the pink comb that young, but she sure does now...are you sure about their ages? *edit; I checked my hen and she has the partridge?* coloring throughout her chest also. Yours here seems to have solid colored chest, while in my wheatan ameraucanas, a solid colored chest is pullet usually, I think these maybe be the opposite? I think the 2nd one is a pullet (small comb, more defined center ridge, just looks girly to me). I don't think they breed true if their coloring isn't a recognized color for standard. So these (girls?!) Are easter eggers I believe.
This is my 2 Ameraucana 1 of these are a bantam. Do you think my 2 ameraucanas will conform to standard? Can you tell me if it's actually 2 pullets? Thanks Émeraude Atchoum my bantam

Last edited:
Thank you I will take more pics of the comb. I take my 2 Ameraucana in a poultry and they said it's an Amaraucana but i know that's can be a wrong information, because they don't take care off the color pathern, they just breed i think. We learn from our mistakes.

Boy or girl. this one has me guessing.Born 4/2. Early red comb and early in charge maid me think boy. but her tail insnt convincing me. I almost think of her clucks and behavior as a pullet too. what does everyone think.

I have a blue splash cockerel hatched a day earlier than yours. He was much smaller than the same-age wheaten cockerels and developed a small red comb later than they did as well. He just looked like a pullet, and I kept hoping the comb was just a different comb than most pullets. Sadly, he is starting to grow pointy hackle feathers and the odd pointy saddle feathers. Where did your bird come from?

Thanks everyone. I knew you people would know best. i can quit hoping. lol.
I have a blue splash cockerel hatched a day earlier than yours. He was much smaller than the same-age wheaten cockerels and developed a small red comb later than they did as well. He just looked like a pullet, and I kept hoping the comb was just a different comb than most pullets. Sadly, he is starting to grow pointy hackle feathers and the odd pointy saddle feathers. Where did your bird come from?
he is a Paul Smith bird. I had god cull all my birds for me. Since i didn't get the chance to do it myself it left me grasping at what my human desires wished i had left.

Back
Top Bottom