Ameraucana thread for posting pictures and discussing our birds

Can anyone tell me the sex of this little guy/gal? Almost 4 months old wheaten/blue wheaten. I am having the hardest time trying to figure it out!

Can anyone tell me the sex of this little guy/gal? Almost 4 months old wheaten/blue wheaten. I am having the hardest time trying to figure it out!
100% cockerel. And honestly you most likley could of told gender weeks ago. Females have way lighter colors. If you look back through posts you will see many pics of wheatens and blue wheatens

these are my amerucanas I have every color.
What colors do you have? The first three pictures do not look correct for Ameraucanas, but the last one might be (Buff and Black). If you would like to research what colors Ameraucanas come in, there is a club website at http://www.ameraucana.org/ where they list the 8 accepted colors for this Breed.

The Wheaten AM is a boy. Girl Wheatens do not come in those feather colors.

100% cockerel. And honestly you most likley could of told gender weeks ago. Females have way lighter colors. If you look back through posts you will see many pics of wheatens and blue wheatens

Thank you that's what I was leaning towards but was having a hard time understanding. So is he a blue wheaten? And if I got some wheaten pullets would they produce a variety of wheaten and blue wheaten chicks? I know these are all dumb questions but I am new to Ameraucanas and am trying to understand because these are my favorites and I would love get more. I have tried to look back through the 700+ pages but I have a sloooooow internet connection so it makes it hard!

Thank you that's what I was leaning towards but was having a hard time understanding.  So is he a blue wheaten?  And if I got some wheaten pullets would they produce a variety of wheaten and blue wheaten chicks?  I know these are all dumb questions but I am new to Ameraucanas and am trying to understand because these are my favorites and I would love get more.  I have tried to look back through the 700+ pages but I have a sloooooow internet connection so it makes it hard!

i do not lnow what the outcomes are when breeding them. I only have BBS.

Quote: I believe he is Wheaten (not Blue Wheaten, the black would be gray (Blue)). Crossed with Wheaten or Blue Wheaten girls you would get more Wheaten or Blue Wheaten. Not a dumb question, and a genuine concern because you wouldn't want to cross the colors because it makes a mess. Wheaten/Blue Wheaten/Splash Wheaten work the same as Black/Blue/Splash, just on a Wheaten background instead of a Black one.

Last edited:
Here are photos to go with my questions on page 2143.

▲ Duncan hatched early April 2013 (he wasn't included in the post, but he sits so nicely for pictures) and our Buckeye pullet (although I'm still not sure about that) Roo in the background.

▲&▼ Angel also hatched early April 2013

▲Summer's hackles, hatched end of May 2013 (to the best of my knowledge, same with Autumn and Winter)

▲Autumn

▲Winter

Winter's Saddle

▲Better view of winter's comb and neck

▲Summer's saddle

ETA: Thanks in advance to anyone who can help with my questions.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom