Ameraucana thread for posting pictures and discussing our birds

I think they are judged on what they look like grown. So if they fit the standards for an ameruacana (black or white) then they are one?
Actually, because they are from a cross-breeding between two varieties - white and buff, they will not breed true (as seen by these two chicks) and are not pure-bred, but are EEs.

Actually, because they are from a cross-breeding between two varieties - white and buff, they will not breed true (as seen by these two chicks) and are not pure-bred, but are EEs.
I spent a good bit of time reading older threads on the ABC forum last night. There is an amazing wealth of information there, and the names that check in and post are a who's who of AM breeders. Paul has a very detailed thread about hatching, marking, and shipping. I'm learning so many answers to simple questions that I normally ask, and am gaining a whole new respect for my birds. I suggest to anyone interested in truly breeding to improve, check out the ABC site, or even join. It's very cheap to join, and Paul Smith, Cliff Redden, Max Stawn and others are all there. I even hear a rumor that the proprietor of Sandcastle Farms makes a rare appearance ;)

I spent a good bit of time reading older threads on the ABC forum last night. There is an amazing wealth of information there, and the names that check in and post are a who's who of AM breeders. Paul has a very detailed thread about hatching, marking, and shipping. I'm learning so many answers to simple questions that I normally ask, and am gaining a whole new respect for my birds. I suggest to anyone interested in truly breeding to improve, check out the ABC site, or even join. It's very cheap to join, and Paul Smith, Cliff Redden, Max Stawn and others are all there. I even hear a rumor that the proprietor of Sandcastle Farms makes a rare appearance
wink.png
Dues for the Ameraucana Alliance start at just $10 per year and the Ameraucana Forum is where the originators (Mike, Jerry & John) of the Ameraucana breed and most varieties (including lavender) are.
http://AmeraucanaAlliance.org/forum

I agree Greenleaf. The ABC has a lot of good members and some hatchery operators, but the originators pretty much all belong to Ameraucana Alliance since the club split. Any Ameraucana question may be asked there, including genetics questions, and they will be responded to by highly qualified folks.

I agree Greenleaf.   The ABC has a lot of good members and some hatchery operators, but the originators pretty much all belong to Ameraucana Alliance since the club split.   Any Ameraucana question may be asked there, including genetics questions, and they will be responded to by highly qualified folks. 
Oh great, more internet drama :gig
The good thing for us novices is that I'm learning there is a ton of information out there if you look ;)

Oh great, more internet drama
gig.gif

The good thing for us novices is that I'm learning there is a ton of information out there if you look
wink.png

No drama coming from here. I have good friends in both clubs. But I believe it is important to go to multiple sources for answers and then consider the qualifications of the persons who respond. The internet, including BYC, can disseminate bad information with practically the speed of light and can then snowball to the point where many folks believe something is true when it might not be.

Back
Top Bottom