Ameraucana thread for posting pictures and discussing our birds

​No drama coming from here.   I have good friends in both clubs.  But I believe it is important to go to multiple sources for answers and then consider the qualifications of the persons who respond.   The internet, including BYC, can disseminate bad information with practically the speed of light and can then snowball to the point where many folks believe something is true when it might not be. 
I didn't mean drama from you, I just meant that I'm sure there's a story behind the split that I don't want to know.
I totally agree with you. Take the information from as many places as you can, try to find the consistencies, and use what works best for you :thumbsup

No drama coming from here. I have good friends in both clubs. But I believe it is important to go to multiple sources for answers and then consider the qualifications of the persons who respond. The internet, including BYC, can disseminate bad information with practically the speed of light and can then snowball to the point where many folks believe something is true when it might not be.

Right, like most "general chicken owning" people (me included) will tell you that the EE came from non conforming Ameraucanas when in fact, Ameraucanas were developed from EEs. I am now properly informed thanks to Jerry posting that info here!

I even hear a rumor that the proprietor of Sandcastle Farms makes a rare appearance
wink.png

ep.gif
What?? I don't believe it! I've heard others say they have had sightings, but I need proof!

LOL

Right, like most "general chicken owning" people (me included) will tell you that the EE came from non conforming Ameraucanas when in fact, Ameraucanas were developed from EEs. I am now properly informed thanks to Jerry posting that info here.
If you mean Jerry Segler, he was a charter member of the Ameraucana Bantam Club in 1978, and he is 100% correct. Jerry is still a member of The Ameraucana Alliance and has been named Honorary Vice President of that breed club, along with Jim Fegan and some other guy.

Last edited:
Good article, thanks. I must admit that I didn't know both breeds were "bred up" from EEs. I can't imagine how long it would take to turn my EEs into the AMs in the pen beside them. That took a lot of work and dedication
Yes, it did and I'm sure grateful that those folks took the time to start this breed.

I'm also very grateful to all those who are/and have been working to improve what was started over 30 years ago. It thrills me to see the improvement in the Ameraucanas across the board, as evidenced by how often they are seen on Champion Row at the shows recently.

Back
Top Bottom