Ameraucana thread for posting pictures and discussing our birds

I have 5 chicks (almost 5 weeks old) that are either white, wheaten/blue wheaten/splash. Here are three. The white one acts like a cockerel and has very thick legs. He is the true white, correct? What color and sex do you think the other two chicks are in these photos are? I think they look like pullets. I have two more in another coop/run, but they weren't cooperating with photos. I'm in Los Angeles and will have to rehome any cockerels that we end up with. These Ameracaunas are from Once In a Blue Moon. Please let me know if you're interested and I'll let you know the minute one of them crows.

Last edited:
I am new to chickens but the 1st one looks like my wheaten pullet, the other colored one does to except different patterns. I haven't seen a white juvenile so can't help there.

Wheaten pullet on right, wheaten cockerel on left

The new Ameraucana Handbook is going in the mail to all club members and most should receive their copy this week.
The feature article is HISTORY OF THE AMERAUCANA FOWL by Mike Gilbert.

All new first time members will receive an Ameraucana Handbook while they last.

I hoping someone that breeds (WBS) Wheatens can help me out.

I CANNOT find pictures of splash wheaten hens/pullets anywhere! I know they exist! So if you have a lovely Splash Wheaten hen or pullet could you please post a picture?

I hoping someone that breeds (WBS) Wheatens can help me out.

I CANNOT find pictures of splash wheaten hens/pullets anywhere! I know they exist! So if you have a lovely Splash Wheaten hen or pullet could you please post a picture?

I did a search for them online and chose to view images and was able to pull some up like that.

Back
Top Bottom